Asiatic Inspired Quiver and Armguard.

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Asiatic Inspired Quiver and Armguard.

#1 Post by perry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:19 pm

G/Day Folks,

Last Christmas a parcel with a roll of Chrome Tanned Leather turned up with a note thanking me for my contributions to Traditional Archery over the years. It was signed by an infamous figure in 19th Century British Archery by the name of Horace A Ford. Thank you again Horace, your a true Gentleman of Australian Traditional Archery :Bow

I finished this Asiatic inspired Quiver and Armguard the other night. Its been on the go for a while and I have only worked on it when I was in the mood. I was originally going to make the Quiver period correct as a Belt Quiver but I decided I'd prefer it to carry at the Hip via an adjustable Strap. The Armguard has a coat of Dubbin over it as I got it dirty and tried to clean the dirt. Going to have to coat the Quiver now so the Quivers colour matches. I will make a accessories bag to go over the strap with whats left of the piece of hide.

The stylised Phoenix Inlay is scrounged Leather from an old Lounge Suite I cut from a lounge on a Council Curbside clean up a couple of years ago. I did not the proportions of the Phoenix right but the Quiver carries well and will get plenty of use. It's stitched with cheap braided 1mm Thread I bought for $4 a Kilometre instead of $40 for 200 metre's for the premium product. It's Flat instead of Round so it does not sit or look as good as the round Thread. It's strong and I'll keep using it despite it not looking as good in the finished product.
P1010039 - Copy.JPG
P1010039 - Copy.JPG (175.24 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Despite the Inlay I wanted to make this Quiver quite dull because every time I make something shiny someone else wants it. Check this Quiver out for SHINY -I WANT ! Some of these Historical Quivers are truly works of Art
e7f281f63b08c63ce1c95ca19681ad71.jpg
e7f281f63b08c63ce1c95ca19681ad71.jpg (101.99 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

hazard

Re: Asiatic Inspired Quiver and Armguard.

#2 Post by hazard » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:16 pm

as always Perry awesome work.
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by kerry » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:10 am

lookin good Perry,would cause some comments on the range with the last one :text-woo:
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

Ronster

#4 Post by Ronster » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Check this Quiver out for SHINY -I WANT ! Some of these Historical Quivers are truly works of Art
Hi, Perry, but will it go with your earrings, necklace and bangles? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Perry, I just could not help it! Great work and skill as always. :clap: :clap: :clap:

You have a god given gift, Thanks for sharing.

Ronster
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"