Best Couriers to use for interstate deliveries.

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

hunterguy1991

Best Couriers to use for interstate deliveries.

#1 Post by hunterguy1991 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:10 am

Morning all,

Writing this with a pretty sour taste in my mouth unfortunately. Have had some issues with couriers sending stuff interstate recently. The company in question is Allied Express... I made a booking to send some goods down to Melbourne from up here in QLD which had a specified pick up date and an estimated delivery time of 5-6 days... no worries I thought after it was collected on the correct date.

Come to find a week after it was collected that it still had not showed up... called up the company only to be informed that " according to their records it was only collected the day prior to my calling (8 days after it was actually collected)"

Then just to rub some salt into the wound I'm informed that it will only be delivered in another 4 days... totalling a full week later than originally expected... not much good when the recipient was expecting it this week!!

Needless to say I'm pretty ****** off about this and being told by them by them that it was collected later than it was when I have proof of when it was actually collected.

So, my question to the guys that are sending bows and other goods around the country, which couriers are you using? Because I'm sick of this crap going on...

Colin

bigbob

Re: Best Couriers to use for interstate deliveries.

#2 Post by bigbob » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:36 pm

I have just had a nasty experience as well colin. I have been using a forwarding company where one submits item and dimensions and get a quote from where a courier at the agreed price is allotted. Up until recently it has been excellent with good rates etc, one case I was a little dubious about where after the courier had picked up the tube, a few days later get an email advising courier weighted said and found it to be a higher weight. I paid the extra but was still a little dubious.This latest case i am taking to Office of fair Trading because of the nature of the event. I again submitted dimensions and weight, accepted a quote, courier came, all good. Several days later, comes an email advising courier had checked my dimensions and found them to be way out. I had stated a weight of 3kg, and dimensions of 50cm x 7 cm x 10cm, they came up with the absurd size of 9KG!!! and size of 59 x 49 x 31 cm. It was two small pieces of wood not a bloody forest!!. Despite several days of my vehemently defending my sizes, they insisted their courier used certified scales etc, they started sending me invoices for a considerable amount extra. I absolutely refused to pay any more and they added another fee of $15. Luckily the recipient [ another Ozbower] had still kept the parcel complete with label etc and supplied a stat dec.to attest to my dimensions etc. in the meantime while that was in transit to me they deducted this extra amount from my account without my knowledge. Once they received the photos and stat dec. all i received from them was an email stating the monies had been returned to my account.Not even a whiff of an apology!.I would love to name and shame these arrogant b@#$%^rds but will refrain while i am applying to Fair Trade mob.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

The Ranger

#3 Post by The Ranger » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:20 pm

G'day Colin, I use Pack n Send for all my longbows. I've never had a problem with them and they are pretty cheap too. They usually charge around the $60-$80 range for a longbow anywhere in Australia. And I've never had a problem with the bows getting to the customers. They're pretty quick.

Stuart
Ranger Bows
Don't practise until you get it right. Practise until you don't get it wrong. Ranger Bows.

hunterguy1991

#4 Post by hunterguy1991 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Gday Stuart,

Cheers for that mate, I will look them up for my next package!!

Colin

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:41 pm

I was actually sending them all over australia with this @#$#T% mob and the most I paid from memory was about $38, maybe that's why they were trying to extort more!.
razorbows.com

Flatliner

#6 Post by Flatliner » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:39 pm

I use Toll ipec, and after I had turned up with I think my third one piece bow to send at a rate of $65 they offered to give me a fixed rate at $55 anywhere in Aust. Never had any problems with them at all, so I'm happy.

Rob.
The shortest distance between two points is a FLATLINE
ImageEmail; robnicoll(at)bigpond(dot)com
www.flatlinebows.com.au

Gringa Bows

#7 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:26 pm

I've sent my last few bows through Smart Send ,been a bit slow sometimes and lost a bow for a week than found it..........going to try someone else next bow see how it goes

Nezwin

#8 Post by Nezwin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:53 am

I've sent tubes backward and forward to Canada with www.packsend.com.au for unbelievably good prices. Always been reliable, never had a problem. Slower coming to Australia than out, but still very good.

hunterguy1991

#9 Post by hunterguy1991 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks Neil!!

I will keep them in mind for international packages.

bigbob

#10 Post by bigbob » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:13 pm

LB rod 55 wrote:I've sent my last few bows through Smart Send ,been a bit slow sometimes and lost a bow for a week than found it..........going to try someone else next bow see how it goes
that WOULD be a good idea Rod ,if you get my drift.!!!
razorbows.com

Gringa Bows

#11 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Ahhhhhhh huh....nudge nudge wink wink

rodlonq

#12 Post by rodlonq » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:40 am

I sent a longbow in a PVC tube (90 mm stormwater x 1.8 m long) from Townsville, QLD to Albury, Vic for less than $30 with Fastways Couriers. I admit I bought a book of 20 tickets at $15 each to get this price. I had to fix 2 tickets for the delivery. I thought it was a good deal providing I am able to use the other tickets over time without them expiring (couldn't see a use by date on them). It only took 2 days for the longbow to arrive Albury as well.

Cheers... Rod

bigbob

#13 Post by bigbob » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:31 am

Glen Newell mentioned to me a little while back Rod that buying vouchers from a courier company does allow a big discount. I will have to look into that myself. Best result i've seen personally was sending a bow to New Mexico, USA for about $80 . Picked up here after lunch on a Wednesday and had message Saturday morning to say they had the bow.It was not a express delivery either and it was TNT
razorbows.com

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#14 Post by greybeard » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:18 pm

I found that Greyhound Freight had an acceptable delivery time frame at a reasonable price. Unfortunately to deliver goods to their nearest freight depot entailed a 48 klms return trip plus two toll fees over the Gateway Bridge.

If you have a local Greyhound depot it may be worthwhile to check them out.

Some time ago I bought a book of vouchers from a courier service and although the rates were reasonable there was a two year use by date. From memory I binned about $40.00 worth of vouchers. One of the advantages was that they would pick up at the door.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....