Matthei Timbers;

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Matthei Timbers;

#1 Post by greybeard » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Information for bowyers wanting to source Degame/Lemonwood which is now being sold under the name of Yellow Box.

Whilst I was at Matthei Timbers today I obtained information to pass on to Ozbow members wanting to purchase their products.

From the outset I must mention that the staff members are courteous, intrigued by the bowyers craft and willing to help but we must be mindful that Matthei Timbers are wholesalers selling in bulk to the building industry.

The pallets of timber are stacked six or so high and about four deep.

As such they cannot spend hours looking for the perfect piece of timber to suit the bowyer’s needs but can carry out a quick check to look for obvious knots or splits.

Purchasers now have access to their bulk stock list. At times there may be small quantities of various sizes in their racks.

http://mattheitimbers.com.au/stock-list/

Having logged on to their bulk stock list the following shows which page you need.
Stock Item.jpg
Stock Item.jpg (29.13 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
Scroll down until you find Yellow Box. Details include the pack number, the number of boards in the pack by their length.
Yellow Box Degame_Lemonwood..jpg
Yellow Box Degame_Lemonwood..jpg (184.27 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Nezwin

Re: Matthei Timbers;

#2 Post by Nezwin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:37 pm

This is great, Daryl. There's a few who are looking to place an order down south, so this will help immensely.

Much appreciated.

Neil

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Matthei Timbers;

#3 Post by greybeard » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Neil,

I think it also makes life easier for Matthei Timbers as the customer knows what stock sizes are currently available.

This stock feature was not available on their old web site; their new web site went live last Friday.

I have been ripping a lemonwood board down on my smaller band saw fitted the following blade pattern.

http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/W420B

Prior to cutting the lemonwood the blade has been used to rip down osage, hickory, bamboo, cut hardwood bow handles as well as a lot of general cutting.

The blade is still producing clean cuts on the lemonwood.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....