Glove Life

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

matt61

Glove Life

#1 Post by matt61 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:51 pm

I shoot using a glove only, have tried tabs but cannot get used to them.
I am having a bit of trouble with consistency and am wondering if my gloves
are stuffed.
How long do any of you fellas shoot a glove for before you ditch it.
Some of mine would be five years old, even more.
Matt

Roadie

Re: Glove Life

#2 Post by Roadie » Wed May 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Ay Matt, it's time for a new glove, 18 months for me, even less now I'm missing a finger from my right hand. Cheers Roadie.

littlejohn59

#3 Post by littlejohn59 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:42 pm

hey matt.
I usually shoot till my glove has developed a hole in it coz by then its comfortable. However from a practical side the glove should be replaced when the leather starts to burr up or you can't get a clean release. To give the glove some extra life I rub leather softener into the glove after every shoot to keep the glove supple. I find if you don't the glove tends to become hard and crunchy. I also sprinkle some baby powder in the inside of my glove to help absorb hand perspiration. You should get a years life out of a glove. It all depends on how often you shoot also.IMO.

little arrows

#4 Post by little arrows » Wed May 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Matt,

Steve shouts himself a new glove every 12 months, sometimes even less as he sweats a fair bit, or if the glove gets wet. Me, well I just wait for the glove to almost fall apart, much to Steve's annoyance, it looks rather second hand, and, if you pardon the pun - it fits like a glove. :biggrin:

cheers
sue