Descent taper tool

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

tonyk

Descent taper tool

#1 Post by tonyk » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Where can I get a descent? Have had one on order from Abbey for 3 months with no idea of a timeframe. Have looked at other sites and there seems to be bugger all around. Don't want a little plastic one which will break

Ian Turner

Re: Descent taper tool

#2 Post by Ian Turner » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi mate John McDonald AMSO128 has the u beaut Bearpaw solid metal one with 3 size collets.
There is a link to McDonald archery on the front page of ozbow.Cheers
Ian

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by greybeard » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:09 pm

John McDonald is a keen supporter of traditional archery and is one of natures gentleman.

The following link will give you the contact details;

http://www.ozbow.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4927

Also you could contact Mark Harvey at Tradbits, Mark is also a keen supporter of traditional archery.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Have you got a little disc sander a block of wood and two G clamps?

Mick Smith

#5 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:15 pm

You can't beat a sanding disc set up at the correct angle. I bought one of the motorised, sanding disc tapering units that Forro used to make. I bought it second hand and it was one of my best investments. It's a joy to use and it produces perfect tapers every time. I haven't used my old pencil sharpener type tapering tools since.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.