New quiver.

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

bigbob

New quiver.

#1 Post by bigbob » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:45 am

I have long wanted a new quiver and when I saw the work Tony Jensen was doing at some trad shoots I resolved to make it my aim to get one. A mate got in first with a beautiful back quiver which only fueled my fire. I kept setting a little aside until I could order one and decided i would go for a side quiver as I believe it may be a quicker action during the speed events.When Tony messaged me a photo of the completed article I was nearly lost for words . It exceeded my expectations and surely shows that there is little need to go offshore when we have craftsmen such as Tony [T J Saddlery] producing such high quality work.
Attachments
003.JPG
003.JPG (252.26 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

cmoore

Re: New quiver.

#2 Post by cmoore » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:28 am

What a beaut lookin quiver! Are you gonna model it for us bigbob? :biggrin: ... sorry that osage didn't work out to :oops:
Set Happens

bigbob

#3 Post by bigbob » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:59 pm

My modelling days never started so the only opening would be similar to the 'before' part of an ad. No sweat about the osage, mine is now down to a working moisture level. After I purchased a moisture meter I have been checking various pieces of wood in my shop and it seems at the moment with this extremely high humidity that has been making life here barely tolerable, the ambient moisture content is around 15% even in very well seasoned pieces of wood.
razorbows.com

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:30 pm

The new quiver looks really nice. It's a goat skin, isn't it?

That particular style of quiver has a lot going for it, IMO. It will easily hold a dozen arrows and they're right there, where you can see them clearly and they're easy to pull out. In my experience, if there's just one arrow in your quiver that you don't want, whether it's broken or it's a blunt when you want a field point, you will always mysteriously pull that one out every time from a back quiver.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:37 pm

that has been my experience too Mick, plus only having one shoulder strap on my back quiver meant I was always hefting it back into range of my groping fingers.With the side quiver they are in view and should be easier to draw quickly.It is a kid goat skin.
razorbows.com