kids arrows?

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

clinton miller

kids arrows?

#1 Post by clinton miller » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:42 pm

i just recieved a maddog pup recurve that's 19#@21". anyone point me in the right direction for some arrows for it. either ready made or shafts and components. i'm thinking 1/4" shafts???

thanks
The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

border black douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
brigalow selfbow with rawhide string

Jim

Re: kids arrows?

#2 Post by Jim » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Clint I was looking at kids arrows recently and the two at the top of the list I found in Australia were 25#, 5/16" Douglas Fir from tradbits, not weight matched for about $3 a shaft and 26" fibreglass arrows, fletched, nocked and field points, 10 pack was about $40 from apex archery. I ended up just making my own out of doweling I had laying about as my little fella's bow is only about 10# and I wasn't worried about breakages.

Jim
"Structural Integrity of the entire arrow system is THE most important factor in terminal arrow performance. When structural integrity fails nothing else about your arrow's design matters."
-Doc Ashby