Cedar Ridge Leatherworks

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

Cedar Ridge Leatherworks

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:05 pm

One of the members of the team I shot with at the Lillydale shoot on the weekend was Ozbow member 'Timbow'. It's always pleasant to shoot with Tim. On this occasion, Tim was wearing his Cedar Ridge Leatherworks Custom Cruiser hip quiver, which I took a fancy too immediately. Tim said that it wasn't particularly expensive, so I decided to check out their website when I got home from the shoot.

I ended up buying one on-line on the Cedar Ridge Leatherworks website. It was only US$109 plus $12 postage, which I thought was a bargain for something so well made. They take Paypal payments too, which makes it even easier.

So, if you're after some top quality leather gear at a price than won't break the bank, check them out.
Attachments
Cedar Ridge Leatherworks Cruiser.jpg
Cedar Ridge Leatherworks Cruiser.jpg (14.25 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Trad Bound

Re: Cedar Ridge Leatherworks

#2 Post by Trad Bound » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Mick you will be very happy with Timbo's recommendation, as a leatherworker I am impressed with their work. :wink:

Mick Smith

#3 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks Tony. I was impressed with the quality of Tim's quiver. I like the idea of a hip quiver for speed shoots, etc.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

hardgainer

#4 Post by hardgainer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:25 am

Mick..... Art Vincent is one real straight up guy to deal with. Years ago I had a order in and he suffered personal injury.
I had the refund back no hassles.
Tony S

rodlonq

#5 Post by rodlonq » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Very nice Mick. I like the buttons, how do they work?

Mick Smith

#6 Post by Mick Smith » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:27 pm

I don't know Rod. I think they're more for decoration. I'll let you know when it arrives.

hardgainer

#7 Post by hardgainer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 am

The buttons are generally the tie over with leather strip loop to lock down the flap. Looks like they maybe are.

hardgainer

#8 Post by hardgainer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Mick......FYI....in the latest Traditional Bowhunter magazine (93709) Dec/Jan there is a good article on Cedar Ridge Leatherworks and a interview with Art Vincent leather craftsman extraordinaire by Fred Asbell.
May be of interest with your new acquisition.
Tony S

hardgainer

#9 Post by hardgainer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi Mick...has the quiver arrived .....Thoughts on build and quality and pics if possible.
Cheers.

Mick Smith

#10 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:43 am

Hi Tony. Yes mate, it has arrived and it's a work of art (pardon the pun). :biggrin:

I can't fault the workmanship and when you consider the price, I don't know how he makes money. He must be very quick and efficient.

It looks absolutely identical to the one in the OP, except it has my initials on the pocket. I'll take a photo of it and post it later.

It took me a while to get used to wearing a side quiver, as I've used back quivers for so long. Initially, I didn't like the way it flopped around, but I've gotten used to it now.

You can check it out in person at the Ballarat shoot in a month.