BROADHEADS AD ABSURDUM

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

Re: BROADHEADS AD ABSURDUM

#31 Post by Bill » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:33 am

:smile: This here is another crazy Broadhead.
:smile: I've heard it spoken of at the Archery Expo's.
It is said that it punches its way through the intended target with some cutting as it goes.
The High Tensile wire is said to flatten :?: through narrow pathways.
:surprised: I don't have a sample of this type of head in my collection, its one of the many screw in heads that I have not worried about collecting, unless someone either offers it to me or I trade them for any of the many of the old spare glue on heads that I have for trade. 8) :smile:
Attachments
Razor Wire Broadhead.jpg
Razor Wire Broadhead.jpg (14.53 KiB) Viewed 2834 times

clinton miller

#32 Post by clinton miller » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:26 pm

that's not absurdum this is absurdum-

beer bottle broadhead i made

silly hey
The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

border black douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
brigalow selfbow with rawhide string

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#33 Post by Bill » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:17 pm

:smile: Hello Clinton, I don't know where your word "absurdum" comes from :surprised: but to describe your beer bottle glass that has been knapped as one is absolutely not the case.

I've seen it posted in the past and I think it is one of the best looking knapped pieces of glass, especially coming from a beer bottle I've ever seen. :smile: :mrgreen:

8) It shows that there has been and you have, put a lot of labour and talent into making such a special good looking Arrowhead.

It just does not belong in with this one off gathering of impractical heads.

clinton miller

#34 Post by clinton miller » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:15 am

i was feeling sarcastic when i saw this thread. in this age a BH made from a beer bottle would be absurd to most.
The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

DrAK DaRippa

#35 Post by DrAK DaRippa » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:35 pm

i can agree most 'normal' people would consider putting in the effort knapping glass to make a point, pointless,[lol] when one could work a job for a similar amount of time and buy several metal ones. but screw them, it's really a thing of beauty, like jewelry rather than something to shoot off into oblivion. was it thick glass? either way you have mad skills clinton

clinton miller

#36 Post by clinton miller » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:00 pm

made from a regular long neck beer bottle, the bottom of it of course.

rodlonq

#37 Post by rodlonq » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Great job on the glass broad head Clinton.

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#38 Post by greybeard » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:16 pm

Bill wrote:The Toxic head is expected to punch through like an apple corer.
Toxic B'head.jpg
Toxic B'head.jpg (11.86 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
Purely by chance I came across this video clip. The head would appear to be fairly robust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSGnegcDXhc [Toxic Broad head]

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#39 Post by Bill » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 pm

:biggrin: Yes, I've seen a video on the Toxic Broadhead, it may have been that very same one. :?:
The crossbow that was used was so powerful that it needed a winch to load it. :surprised: Imagine trying to get off a quick follow up shot. :roll:
For when you collect broadheads you want to learn as much as you can about any of the new types, currently there is forty or more new heads produced this year. :geek:
:roll: So to continue, I just don't see this type of head passing through a bunch of ribs or a shoulder blade, when being shot from an average hunting bow without those blades getting caught up twisted or broken.
:surprised: For the price of them, I would need to actually be given some to test to change my thoughts...... and :oops: if need be eat my words. :lol:

yeoman

#40 Post by yeoman » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:41 pm

I think this is quite possibly one of the silliest hunting heads of our time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTCCUXRO1ik
https://www.instagram.com/armworks_australia/

Bow making courses, knife making courses, armour making courses and more:
http://www.tharwavalleyforge.com/

Articles to start making bows:
http://www.tharwavalleyforge.com/index. ... /tutorials

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#41 Post by Bill » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:49 pm

:surprised: That's not Archery as in Bow and Arrow in any form.
A butt of a rifle, and so forth.
There you have a Modern technology beyond the needs, it took a lot of very high fire power to make the projectile discharge. The first few shots didn't have the weight behind the round for it to fire. If ever the round did go off hitting the side of an animal you would need to duck for I'm sure, due to the light weight of the arrow the force of the round going off would propel and arrow in reverse. :surprised: :surprised:

You are correct in saying, that it would rank highly amongst the most silliest ideas of shooting a projectile.
I did manufacture an arrow that shot off the toy gun caps, these were used to scare off pests and even drive targeted ferrule animals back towards me when I went out hunting. Apart from that it made for a lot of fun, shooting the arrow watching it land far off in the distance then hearing the Bang. :biggrin: