Strung Bow Bag

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

toby

Strung Bow Bag

#1 Post by toby » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Just thought I would post some photos of some new strung bow bags I am thinking about importing
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.78 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (117.68 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (126.19 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
Lyonel

Steve

Re: Strung Bow Bag

#2 Post by Steve » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:23 pm

How much are they? I'd be keen if they're a good price.
Honor et amore

Hoyt Buffalo 61# @ 29"

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by kerry » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Steve wrote:How much are they? I'd be keen if they're a good price.

x2, and dimensions too please :smile:
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm not too sure about those bow bags fellas. I don't know why you would want to take the risk of damaging your bow by transporting it strung. I know of numerous occasions where bows have delaminated or developed a twist by being left in hot cars. I feel that having your bow strung in these situations, would markedly increase the dangers of this happening. It only takes 10 seconds to string a bow.

That aside, they really are nice looking bags.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by kerry » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:49 pm

see your point Mick, and yes ,i dont normally transport my bow strung i just thought it would be ok to use it with the bow unstrung. cheers kerry :smile:
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

toby

#6 Post by toby » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:23 am

Mick, I only ever unstring a bow to change strings & adjust brace height when shooting a new string in & with modern dyneema strings that doesn't stretch much it doesn't take much mucking around. From then they stay stung until the next string change. I've heard of more damage being done to bows from stringing & unstringing your bows than anything else & if you leave your bows in a hot car with no ventilation wether they be strung or unstrung then your asking for trouble. Also these bags are padded for protection & this also offers some minor protection for heat as well. I would rather have them in a padded case bouncing around in the back of a ute out hunting & ready to go if you see a pig on your way to a hunting spot than unstrung.
Lyonel

little arrows

#7 Post by little arrows » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 pm

I've made a quite a few padded unstrung bags, however the cost goes up quite a lot due to amount of material etc and time required.

Hey Toby, if you're out hunting, shouldn't you be walking, not driving... :biggrin:

cheers
sue

toby

#8 Post by toby » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:22 am

Sue with the weight I've put on lately I'm going to have to start driving to the toilet.
But seriously if I want to hunt the back paddock of an 80,000acre property I'm not walking to get to it & you never know what you might see on the way there.
Lyonel