Uukha limbs - Carbon Molded Limbs

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Chase N. Nocks

Uukha limbs - Carbon Molded Limbs

#1 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

G'day all,

Very intrigued by these limbs and wondering if anyone here has any experience of them.

Not only are these limbs ILF but there also an adaptor that can be fitted that allows the limbs to fit the Hoyt Paralever system as well.

Supposedly very smooth, vibration free and stable through a whole range of environmental conditions and tempatures.
http://www.uukha.com/en/produits-en.php
Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

GrahameA

Re: Uukha limbs - Carbon Molded Limbs

#2 Post by GrahameA » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:54 am

Hi Troy.

Would you buy them over any better known brand and if so why?
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Bent Stick

#3 Post by Bent Stick » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 am

I'd rather give Darryls board bow a go
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

Chase N. Nocks

#4 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi Grahame,

I will be honest and say that I have never heard of them before but being only a fairly recent convert to ILF target limbs and risers are still largely an unexplored area of potential for spending the children's inheritance.

I very much like the idea if this type of limb - for the above reasons as well as it's supposed complete resistance to limb twist.

I was under the understanding that these limbs are use by some teams (French?) at an Olympic level so they must? be reasonable performers.

ALSO the fact that they have the flexibility of an adaptor for conversion from ILF to Paralever is a plus. Wonder who else will follow suit with this.

Actually I hope we will see complete one piece bows made from this material as long as the end product is compatable or even exceeds standard laminated bows.

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

Chase N. Nocks

#5 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:30 am

G'day Fellas,

I have seen a number of comparisions of these limbs to the Whitehart?? limbs but I don't know why. I have heard reference to molds when speaking about the Whitehart limbs so??? Anyway it seems the Whiteharts are no longer available and Perris now sell the Uukha limbs.

I was hoping that Matt (excelpoint) may have seen this post as he is always good for information on experimenting with radical or high performance tackle options.

The molding manufacture process is the same as used for the construction of carbon fibre fighter aircraft panels/parts.

Another thing I am hearing constantly is tortional stiffness.

Unique high performance limbs from UUKHA. (ILF Fitting)

Manufactured in France these limbs use a totally new and unique process to make the tortionally stiffest limbs we have ever seen.

If you have a perfect release then you will notice no difference to your current limbs but the tortional stiffness will iron out some of the left right movement (the string really does not hit your arm) in fact where some limbs will be deflected right and left during the release these just form a shallow arc from release to the arrow leaving the string.

Delaminations should be a thing of the past as the construction is 90% carbon compressed under very high pressure with resin to make a solid limb which also makes the limb tips and shoulders perfectly square for the correct string fit and very strong.

The draw force curve is very similar to our Whitehart limbs with a good power stroke giving more control of the energy when released and more stored energy than conventional limbs. Yet offering a smooth draw through the clicker area.

All the limbs short, medium or long are tested to 35" draw and show no signs of stacking.
Also if you or any of the bowmakers have an opinion, the string nocks and grooves have rounded rectangular edges do you see any problem with string wear or even using flemish strings?

Cheers
Troy
"Shooting the Stickbow"

wishsong

#6 Post by wishsong » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Troy I have heard nothing but good things about them ...

I nearly bought one of their all Carbon risers .....

Chase N. Nocks

#7 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks mate,

I appreciate the feedback. I was hoping that someone who spent more time with the Target Archery guys might have heard something.

I have actually been facinated (and impressed) by solid fibre molded limbs since I saw a Jennings Lightning compound with a neat hole put through the limb accidentially by a 25/06 back in the very early 80's. The poundage was wound right down and was still able to be used on the trip. It was retired from normal/regular use and keep mainly as a talking point. That struck me as an exceptionally tough and survivable bow, as I don't believe that it failed.

Here is another link - http://www.uukha.com/en/technologie-en.php

Cheers
Troy
"Shooting the Stickbow"

Jhoneil

#8 Post by Jhoneil » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:10 pm

I friend of mine have Uukha mediums on a 15" ILF riser. I tried it and it was nice. Very smooth and no noticeable stacking even for a short bow.
Cast in the name of god... ye not guilty

Chase N. Nocks

#9 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks Jhoneil,

Mate while there is not a lot of anecdotal information out there just yet it keeps being positive. I have a 25 inch Hoyt Horizion riser and a 17 inch Tradtech Titan riser. Sometime in the near future I'd like to look at a set of shorts for the Hoyt and longs for the Titan.

Maybe even convert my DALAA 21 inch riser to ILF as well if they prove to be what I am hearing. Certainly worthy of considering as an alternative to the HEX5 limbs.

So many workable options.

Cheers
Troy
"Shooting the Stickbow"

wishsong

#10 Post by wishsong » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:44 am

Troy ...

I have a set of borrowed Borders on my Titan at the moment ... they are realy nice but I prefer the BF Extremes I thnk ... I have a 25" riser coming soon that I might weight adjust and have a crack at genuine FITA Barebow with ... looks like fun . I am still having a fair old love affair with the Titan at the moment ... geez I love this bow !