Bio-Composite

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Chase N. Nocks

Re: Bio-Composite

#31 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:55 am

Oh well mate, at least it also seems you will be receiving the improved model at the same price. At least that is the way I read it as well.

Or you can ask your money. :razz:

Oh the pain of waiting. Worse when there is an unexpected delay.

Especially for your mate looking forward to a gander. Oh well at least we have the 45/70 and the .375 to play with.

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

perry

#32 Post by perry » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:08 am

Troy I am still too crook to take the recoil of my Rossi 45.70 but your Wimpy Winny .375 would be a cinch :wink: This Flu is really holding on, woke up "Poorly" again and I'm still going to work - I've got 900 plus hours of sick leave and I'm not smart enough to Rest. I was shooting my girly 34# ILF Bow at the Huntingdale and really struggled to complete the Round. Will be good to fling some Arrows if your still up for a shot down at the Hinterland Club on the 9th

I notice this morning that Hun Archery has slightly changed the Announcement. It now reads as if the new Grozer Bio composite will be ready to ship in 2 weeks and it will be more expensive - will wait and see how much more. Not actually that worried about waiting for a new Model, particularly after reading the Old Model was temperature sensitive.

I was speaking to Niels at the Lakeside Trad Shoot and he showed me an approx 56" Long 50 ish pound Sinew Backed Recurve, took my Draw Length without a hint of Stack. He used 100% Gelatin to Glue his Sinew Backing on. Man was that Bow Sweet. It's the 2nd Sinew backed Recurve I have seen that he made. I have seen him Shoot that first Recurve in the Rain and have ZERO issue's with Water, losing String Tension and loosing Draw Weight.

I wonder if Grozer has changed Glues ?? I am surprised that Horn and Sinew Glued with Modern Glues was temperature Sentitive ?? I know his finish looks pretty ordinary, I wonder if he was changed this also. Time will Tell !!

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

temudjin

#33 Post by temudjin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:17 am

Hi Perry,

bummer that your bow will be delayed but exciting that it will be a better model!!

Glad you enjoyed the photos - I think right now my favourite is the Assyrian, but I love the shape of the little Scythian as well. Who am I kidding, I love 'em all!!

Anyway hope to see you at the Gympie Trade Shoot in October - I'm planning to be there with my two kids. You should have your new bow by then also - yipee!! Better start working on some flash new arrows for it now Perry.

Chase N. Nocks

#34 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Yakking to Perry the other night - of course the Horse Bow cropped up.

My wife was impressed as Archery and Rifles only entered the conversation only once. From beginning to end of the 40 min conversation. :biggrin:

Anyway I was surprised that Perry was unfamiliar with this youe tube clip.

15-20 y.o female speed shooting a horse bow - reverse grip release which seems to naturally fall into a split two fingers over and one finger under. Very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9RGnujlkI

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

Blinkybill

#35 Post by Blinkybill » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Awesome video Troy! I hadn't seen that one yet either. :smile:

So do we get to see pictures of Perry's new bow? :biggrin:

Ben
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...

Blinkybill

#36 Post by Blinkybill » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Hold on... Just re-read the comment. I thought you said that Perry's bow had arrived. My bad. :lol:
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...