Did a cut and shut for Ulysses

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

hazard

Did a cut and shut for Ulysses

#1 Post by hazard » Sat May 19, 2012 5:05 pm

In prep for an up and coming hunt I had to modify a bow quiver to suit the screw fittings for Ulysses. As I understand it the guy who makes the bow quivers has been in an accident and can't make them.So with that thought in mind I made use of one I go from JCM.
Ulysses 3.jpeg
Ulysses 3.jpeg (123.07 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
image (1).jpeg
image (1).jpeg (165.66 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
image (2).jpeg
image (2).jpeg (147.79 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
I also knocked up some mild and Modestly coloured arrows knowing no game I will be hunting could wee them in their colour spectrum and being a bit short sighted won't have it blending into the background so I lose it in the middle of a hunt :wink:

The Mod took ages maybe even 30 minutes :shock: :wink:

The arrows took a little longer :roll: They are Wallace Woods by the way and I really like them :mrgreen: From me thats saying something :wink:
arras 2.JPG
arras 2.JPG (172.82 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
arras.jpeg
arras.jpeg (128.42 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
image 4.jpeg
image 4.jpeg (93.84 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
Even did an orange batch for MR Hyde
arras 2.jpeg
arras 2.jpeg (145.17 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
They will both be out looking for "BLOOD" this june long week end. But Ulysses will be tasting it first. :biggrin:

Thanks for lookin

Hazard
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (102.01 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

Nutgrass

Re: Did a cut and shut for Ulysses

#2 Post by Nutgrass » Sat May 19, 2012 5:50 pm

They are some bold arrows mate 8) you should do a princess pink set for Rod :lol:

Nothing like some ingenuity to make what you have work 8) it's all part of the game :biggrin:
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat May 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Good job on the quiver by the looks.

Rather loud arras there mate. :shock: :biggrin: I thought the blue end of the colour spectrum was what animals could see well or maybe that was just deer???

What nocks did you use on the blue arras as they look rather different?

Going by that last photo you seem to shave a long way up ya face mate. :surprised: :lol:

Jeff

Nephew

#4 Post by Nephew » Sat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah, what brand are those nocks, Haz? Lairy arras, mate! You wont lose any of them in a hurry! :wink: :smile:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

TomMcDonald

#5 Post by TomMcDonald » Sat May 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Is this the 80 pounder? I'm looking forward to having a go of this monster!
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Gringa Bows

#6 Post by Gringa Bows » Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Nice job Haz................i like the orange arras :biggrin: if i wanted to use pink arras Nuts ,i'd just borrow yours :lol:

jcm

#7 Post by jcm » Sat May 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Now for the Camo Gear to match?
John

hazard

#8 Post by hazard » Sat May 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Nutgrass wrote:They are some bold arrows mate 8) you should do a princess pink set for Rod :lol:

Nothing like some ingenuity to make what you have work 8) it's all part of the game :biggrin:

I have Barred pink fletches but I will have to get some pink paint could I get a sample so I can match it with his boots :wink:

Stickbow Hunter wrote:Good job on the quiver by the looks.

Rather loud arras there mate. :shock: :biggrin: I thought the blue end of the colour spectrum was what animals could see well or maybe that was just deer???

What nocks did you use on the blue arras as they look rather different?

Going by that last photo you seem to shave a long way up ya face mate. :surprised: :lol:

Jeff
Thanks Jeff it seems to be quite functional so far.

Dunno about the deer that may be right but Goats, Pigs Foxes and Rabbits are all cool ....as I understand it. but I could be wrong 8)

The nocks are aluminium ones from JCM. I have been told 23/64 and 3/8 plastic nocks are no longer available and the 11/32 ones crack in half sometimes with the higher poundage. I really don't care to test the theory just yet. I am not patient enough to mess with self nocks.

As for the shave ? thats just the receeding hairline :shock: :wink: But I only have marks on my face from tabs when I use them, all good otherwise.

Nephew wrote:Yeah, what brand are those nocks, Haz? Lairy arras, mate! You wont lose any of them in a hurry! :wink: :smile:
Yeah mate they do stand out a bit :mrgreen: But believe it or not a couple still do take some finding in long grass :shock: NSW is the home of Arra eating grass :shock: :shock:
TomMcDonald wrote:Is this the 80 pounder? I'm looking forward to having a go of this monster!
Thats the beast Tom and you are more than welcome to give him a spin :biggrin:
LB rod 55 wrote:Nice job Haz................i like the orange arras :biggrin: if i wanted to use pink arras Nuts ,i'd just borrow yours :lol:
Rob
I still have heaps of the paint, Oil based paints are much more brighter than water based. I am only just getting used to making a half deacent arrow :roll:
On a hunt some time we can play swapsies :wink:
jcm wrote:Now for the Camo Gear to match?
John
Hey John
I have a full Gillie suit I made already but you cant use a bow with it on as it really catches with the string. But at least I will have less trouble finding my arrows 8)

Thanks Guys for the kind words hopefully I will have blooding pickies next hunt to post :biggrin:
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au