Classic Archery Literature - How much gets read in Australia

Moderator: Moderators

Which of these classic bowhunting books have you read?

"Hunting the Hard Way" by Howard Hill
19%
"Wild Adventure" by Howard Hill
8%
"The Witchery of Archery" by Maurice Thompson
25%
"Hunting with the Bow and Arrow" by Saxton Pope
22%
"A Thousand Campfires" by Jay Massey
3%
"Longbows in the Far North" by Don Thomas
6%
"Fred Bear's Field Notes" by Fred Bear
11%
"Bows on the Little Delta" by Glenn St. Charles
6%

Total votes: 36

Benny Nganabbarru

Classic Archery Literature - How much gets read in Australia

#1 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:29 pm

G'day,

I'm just curious about how many of these classics folks here have read. I actually haven't read them all, but have Thompson's book on the way. There are heaps of other wonderful books, so this isn't a definitive list; it's just the ones that I thought, off the top of my head, might be considered "classic" (and is obviously not going to 100% objective - my apologies). Also, maybe if you see this little list and have never heard of some, you might get some ideas of quality reading material to invest in for those cold winter mornings (yep, we get cold dry season mornings in Katherine, too! :D ). So, I think you just click the box on those you've read, if I've made this poll right. Also, as time goes on, if you end-up reading another, you can click on that entry, I think, if I've enabled "re-voting".

Cheers, and happy reading - I believe it adds to the quality of the bowhunting and archery experience.

Ben
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

jape

Re: Classic Archery Literature - How much gets read in Australia

#2 Post by jape » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:43 pm

Great idea Ben, inspired me to look around a bit more for some of these. Be good to see them on the 'pass around' list we have too. I don't think anyone loses anything by this because if people are like me, they may borrow a book or DVD but then buy the ones they want to collect, reread etc. and so little is available at the local library despite 'ordering' systems.