Bill Baker's 'Born To The Bow'

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Bill Baker's 'Born To The Bow'

#1 Post by erron » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:23 pm

I have put off reviewing this great book until I had time enough to do it justice, but that just never happened! So it is that I offer these few lines, rather than leave it any longer:

Bill is an Ozbow member who really lives the bowhunter’s life. Typically, he posts here for the space of a week and then is gone a month or two, guiding and hunting. Add to that the fact he has been hunting over 30 years across the globe, and really, you have to admit this is one bloke to whom you’d turn for any insight on bowhunting in general, and OZ bowhunting in particular.

The book runs just shy of 150 pages, is lavishly illustrated with B&W photos, and includes tales of Bill’s and others’ exploits in places as far afield as Africa’s Kalahari, New Zealand and all points in OZ. There is even an entry on Turkey hunting in Victoria!

Bill is a heck of a yarn spinner, and this is a standout book in Australian Bowhunting. Available directly from the author, who can be emailed or pm’d here. Bill posts as ‘Basalt’. Contact him here:

http://www.ozbow.net/phpbb2/profile.php ... ofile&u=53

cheers,

Erron
Attachments
BBbackcover.jpg
BBbackcover.jpg (109.1 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
BBfrontcover.jpg
BBfrontcover.jpg (102.71 KiB) Viewed 3760 times