Instinctive Archer Magazine CD - $21/usd to Oz!

Moderator: Moderators

Rob DiStefano

Instinctive Archer Magazine CD - $21/usd to Oz!

#1 Post by Rob DiStefano » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Here ya go mates, the Instinctive Archer Magazine cd for $21/usd shipped to Australia!

Instinctive Archer Magazine was offered from 1996 thru 2001 - 22 issues in total. Once it went out of circulation, I decided that it was just too good a traditional archery/bowhunting periodical to let fade away (literally!) as time took its toll on the paper. So, I began the long and tedious process of graphically digitizing my complete set (in near mint condition) and putting the results on a CD ROM, to preserve and keep them in a handy format. I started off doing this for me, but others began expressing interest as well.

Every page - ads and all, from cover to cover - are included. Each page is a large, clear image, at least 800 pixels wide. Magazine moire descreening is included, to yield the sharpest of images. I've done this before with other magazines, and the only downside is that it's VERY labor intensive and takes a whole buncha time. There are over 2000 image scans and edits, besides the HTML coding, on the 550MB CD.

Finally, after over 6 months, the IAM CD ROM has been completed and a distribution agreement has been created with the IAM Owner/Editor, Rik Hinton. The IAM CD has been "field tested" with different PC and Apple computers and it's ready to use.

The CD will work with any PC Internet browser - it operates offline, you do not need to be connected to the Internet for it to function. It's best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768 but it will function well with a minimum 800x600 resolution.

For Apple computer users - you must be using the new (and free) Apple Safari browser which can be obtained here - http://www.apple.com/safari

As an added bonus, all seven issues of "Longbows & Recurves" included!

As another bonus, the entire 1942-1953 L.E. Stemmler pamphlet "The Essentials of Archery" included on the IAM CD ROM ... a *wonderful* booklet that covers every aspect of olde tyme traditional archery - it was my "archery bible" back in the mid 1950's.

Check out the full online preview of the first issue of IAM - and order the complete IAM CD!

g_r

Re: Instinctive Archer Magazine CD - $21/usd to Oz!

#2 Post by g_r » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Rob,

must have missed this on Tradgang, ordered mine to Germany seconds ago.
Thanks for the lanour put in!
watch youre feet, you may never know where they might take you....

Always scout like you are scouting scouts!

Rob DiStefano

#3 Post by Rob DiStefano » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:42 pm

thanx mate, ships out today!

wishsong

#4 Post by wishsong » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:39 am

This is a great source of information with great articles that cover a whole range of stuff from hunting to ELB'S. Rik did a fantastic job with the mag and Rob has done us all a favour by getting it onto disc format which is easy even for a computer novice to navigate through which meant even I can use it!
Best bang for the buck around.