Trad Archery Supplier - Alt to KK and 3R

Looking for bow making supplies, camping gear or some leather for a new quiver, then this is the forum to check.

Moderator: Moderators

MaylandL

Trad Archery Supplier - Alt to KK and 3R

#1 Post by MaylandL » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:41 am

I was trolling through the net and came across this supplier

http://www.thenockingpoint.com/index.html

They have a good range of products and are a few dollars cheaper than Kustom King and 3Rivers for the products that I was interested in. Also their quote for postage to Australia is $10USD for the 1st pound and $15USD for orders above 2pounds. I would presume that larger and heavier items would have a higher postage costs but the owners are happy to provide quotes.

As an alternative to Kustom King and 3Rivers they are very competitive. Communication with them has been very good. So much so that I have ordered some supplies from them. I have tried to get in contact with 3R and KK and they havent returned by many emails - go figure :?

The down side is that their range of products isnt as extensive as KK and 3R and their website doesnt have a an order/payment facility. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Happy shooting all :)

MaylandL

#2 Post by MaylandL » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:52 am

I have just ordered some supplies from these people:

A stack of 5" shield cut barred feathers
True centre taper tool

They misquoted the postage cost but they are covering the difference. It is also being sent insured for a total cost of $22US.

The owners are very easy to deal with and will reply to all emails. They are also very knowledge about their products as well. They gave some advice about setting the taper tool.

Overall a recommended supplier.

Happy shooting everyone

MaylandL

#3 Post by MaylandL » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:16 pm

I received my order from these people yesterday in good order. I would have received them earlier but it got held up in customs (quarantined) for inspection.

Communication with them has been really good and I would recommend them.

Happy shooting all :)

nimrod

suppliers

#4 Post by nimrod » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:02 am

good evening have you tried lost nations as a supplier so far i have found them to be better than any other I have dealt with regards costs delivery shipping but most importantly they will go the extra distance to make sure that your order happens I have had dealings with cabelas /3rivers ( not too bad ) /ray rilings / KK /bass pro /and loads of others if you want some-one to sort out an order for you then give Larry and his missus a try they will see you right as an example I wanted 6doz wood - screw in adapters to allow me to use any head with my wood shafts they were the only ones to supply the order cheers hugh