Tiny torch with attitude..

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

special

Tiny torch with attitude..

#1 Post by special » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi Guys..
I grabbed a couple of UltraFire WF-501B torches directly from China via ebay...2 torches each with a rifle mounting bracket..two switches(one bush button end cap and another end cap with a tactical pressure swith on a lead)a lithium charger and two 18650 3.7v 3000Mah batteries(it takes one and has a spare)or it comes with 123a's if prefered...
All up the lot cost around $120AUD to my door for two..
They are super bright new generation CREE globes and are rated at 300 Lumens :shock:
With a very deep reflector and very compact in size they are a must for the back pack...We have ours mounted in place of our compound stabs for smackin' Bunnies after dark :P
A quick flash in the face in bright daylight is painfull..and they perform very well after dark..heres a few pics,sorry for the shoddy photography :oops:

Warren at 40m just after dusk..

10m up a tree at 35m..

old tree at 70m..

the 'Cruiser at 50m..

front of 'Cruiser at 90m..distances are roughly correct.

Coach

Re: Tiny torch with attitude..

#2 Post by Coach » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Cheers for that ... it looks like a good light .those CREE EMITTERS sure are good . I might have to get one .... even though the wife thinks I have a Fetish for Torches :lol: The price is good as well . How long did it take you to get it delivered ?

Longclaw

#3 Post by Longclaw » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:18 pm

We were looking at these just a couple of days ago. Great to know that they are as good as they are supposed to be, thanks :)
Emma

special

#4 Post by special » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

It took around 7 days..not bad.
they come with either 18650 or 123a lithiums and can take either..I chose the 18650 because of the more grunt..but ill carry a handfull of disposable 123A's in my pack when away :wink:

Coach

#5 Post by Coach » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:27 pm

special wrote:It took around 7 days..not bad.
they come with either 18650 or 123a lithiums and can take either..I chose the 18650 because of the more grunt..but ill carry a handfull of disposable 123A's in my pack when away :wink:
Those 123a lithiums are real expensive if ya buy them from a supermarket or worse , a Chemist . Buy them online ,, they are real cheap .