Trangia, Jet Boil other light weight cooking options

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

hellier

Re: Trangia, Jet Boil other light weight cooking options

#31 Post by hellier » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:43 pm

gotta be a trangia. used one for years...gotta be a trangia ...oh god alzheimers...but seriuosly folks they are a great stove...and beer comes in ally cans... :evil:
I'd love to have a battle of wits with you.....but you appear to be un-armed.....

Jeff

#32 Post by Jeff » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:57 am

i have a trangia it is the most awesome thing out real light here is a pic of it ya cant go wrong with these buddy
Attachments
CIMG2867.JPG
CIMG2867.JPG (10.83 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
MAY THE SPIRIT OF THE WOLF WATCH OVER YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE

excelpoint

#33 Post by excelpoint » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 am

Use to use a Trangia but went to a Jetboil Personal to save space and weight as well as having all the benifts that it provides. Good size cup on the bottom, great size cooking cup/pot, very quick and very efficient. Could not see a need for going any other way.
Last edited by excelpoint on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vladtheimpaler

#34 Post by Vladtheimpaler » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:13 pm

Jet boil is the only way to go they are compatible with MSR Isopro cannisters...........recently did a 5 day hike over the baw baws (fuel stove only area) and came back with the cannister at least still 3/4 full

perry

#35 Post by perry » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Old thread I know but I've got one of these pocket camp stoves, very handy item and they cook very well. Drawback being it is no good for inside a tent with a floor as it burns what ever fuel you can pick up, sticks, pine cones, etc it does get sooty also but it comes with it's own carry bag and you can hang it on the outside of your pack.

They also work very well with a trangia metho burner instead of tinder and twigs

http://www.campingsurvival.com/fopocost.html

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin