The ultimate winter hat??

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

The ultimate winter hat??

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Thu May 21, 2009 6:51 pm

I've just ordered myself another hat. 8) You can't have too many, you know. :wink:

This one is going to be my main winter bowhunting hat. It's a Drizabone waterproof bucket hat. It has a nice short brim, which won't interfere with my bow string. It's fully lined, so it will be warm. All this for just $45 all up, including postage. Why wouldn't you buy one yourself? :D

Mick
Attachments
dry-as-a-bone-hat.jpg
dry-as-a-bone-hat.jpg (142.63 KiB) Viewed 4880 times
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

gundy

Re: The ultimate winter hat??

#2 Post by gundy » Thu May 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Looks interesting!

I am always on the search for a short brimmed hat, let us know if its soft and pliable Mick!

longbowinfected

#3 Post by longbowinfected » Thu May 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Bought one and loved it........perfect archery hat for a longbower imo.
Someone else loved it more and nicked it....

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

piggy

#4 Post by piggy » Thu May 21, 2009 10:09 pm

We all have to have a fetish.

cheers

Mick Smith

#5 Post by Mick Smith » Fri May 22, 2009 6:38 pm

It's a pleasant fetish piggy. :wink:

I've delt with the company in the following link a few times now. Their prices are very competitive and they offer excellent service. I highly recommend them if you decide you might like one of these hats too. They take all the cards, as well as Paypal.

http://everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=109

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Mick Smith

#6 Post by Mick Smith » Mon May 25, 2009 3:10 pm

The Drizabone bucket hat turned up in the mail today. 8)

Everything Australian is an excellent company. They had the hat in the post on the same day they received the order.

I'm very happy with my new hat. The brim is stiff enough to hold its shape, so it doesn't look all floppy like some bucket hats do. There's absolutely no problems with my bow string making contact with the brim even with my longest longbow.

I also like the look of the hat. It's very businesslike. Not too fancy looking. :D

So yeah, if you're looking for a great hat to wear bowhunting or to archery tournaments over the winter months, look no further. This is it. :wink:

Mick

stringnstik

#7 Post by stringnstik » Tue May 26, 2009 7:47 am

Please bring to BG event for us all to see :) I wonder how it would go as a flu flu target :lol kidding
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"