Auction of Blackfoot Designs Game Bag for Ozbow!

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Auction of Blackfoot Designs Game Bag for Ozbow!

#1 Post by erron » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:04 pm

I had an email from Dave Greig of Blackfoot Designs recently, which appears below. Dave has been extremely generous in donating an article to be auctioned for Ozbow.

Let me say I am both embarassed and delighted by the generosity of people like Dave and Peter Jensen (of Jensen Elite Blades) for their help in keeping Ozbow running. I was faced with having to come up with extra funds to expand and advertise Ozbow, and didn't want to resort to asking members to cough up. This is a perfect way to solve the problem, I think: giving folks some value for their money (besides helping the site :wink: ) and promoting Aussie manufacturers at the same time. A neat solution, I feel.

Here is the relevant detail from Dave's email:
Hi Erron,

firstly congratulations on a excellent web site...... I am really enjoying Campfires, & thankyou for bring Blackfoot into the loop.

I caught up with Pete from Jenson Blades on the weekend & after talking to him about the auction donation I feel I would like to contribute also. If acceptable to you I would like to donate a Blackfoot Designs Game Bag to Ozbow to do whatever you choose for fundraising.

Your doing a great job..... well done!!!

regards

Dave Greig
Blackfoot Designs
mail@blackfoot.com.au
www.blackfoot.com.au
Dave, again thanks, this is great.

People, I have attached a piccy of the Game Bag. My proposal is to auction it, with the proceeds going towards either advertising in Archery Action magazine (Australia's only surviving Bowhunting mag.), or to a charity of the members' choosing!

At this stage I'm not sure how well set we will be for the advertising I have planned, as I'm waiting for final pricing details. If it turns out that we can do the advertising comfortably, then I'd like to get the ball rolling on the idea of supporting worthy cause(s) in Australia. What do you think?

Anyway, to define the rules for the auction, I've basically cut and pasted those from Peter's knife auction thread, since I have very little idea myself how this works :?
  • Bidding will begin immediately.... and only bids posted in THIS thread will be counted.
    Bidding closes Monday 17th of November, 2003 at 2100hrs AEST
    The winning bidder is expected to make prompt payment after close of bidding.
    Once Erron has received the Auction funds, the Game Bag will be shipped to the winner by registered mail.
    Questions may be directed to Dave G or Erron via email.
Thanks heaps, Dave!

Erron
Attachments
photo game bag.jpg
photo game bag.jpg (154.38 KiB) Viewed 1571 times

vegie

#2 Post by vegie » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:17 pm

I will start the bidding at $50. unfortanetly is just in plain old aussie dollars :)
Daryl

dave g

auction of blackfoot designs game bag for ozbow

#3 Post by dave g » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:39 pm

Good on you Vegie :D :D :D & hey Oz dollars are very, very welcome.
Dave Greig
Blackfoot Designs
mail@blackfoot.com.au
www.blackfoot.com.au

erron

#4 Post by erron » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:52 pm

Well, what can I say? Congrats Vegie! And thanks again Dave!

Vegie, you got yourself a great deal on this game bag, and I'm looking forward to getting a field report from you when you 'bag' something in it! :)

Thanks guys,

Erron

patch

game bag

#5 Post by patch » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:41 pm

i think my rabbits would look a bit funny in there but great idea :P
i was aiming there honest