Have I got enough hats?

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

Have I got enough hats?

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:05 pm

There's something about hats, I just like 'em. They can change the whole feeling and ambience of any scene. They tell you something about the wearer. They're just plain fun, but they're more than that, they serve an important purpose. They shade your head and this is particularly important these days with the hole in the ozone layer and the increasing risk of skin cancer. They can keep your head warm on a cold winter's day and this is also important, as you lose heaps of heat through your head. They reckon, if you've got cold feet, wear a hat. It works for me.

I've lost count of the number of hats that I own. I know they seem to be taking up heaps of storage room, but I just can't seem to pass up on the opportunity to buy some more.

The below photo doesn't really do justice to the sheer volume of hats I have, as they are stacked on top of one another, but I think you'll get the idea.

Is they any style that I need? Have I missed out on any useful design? What sort of collection do you have?

Mick
Attachments
Hats.JPG
Hats.JPG (91.54 KiB) Viewed 4850 times
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

gundy

#2 Post by gundy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Man, thats freaky, I was just on ebay now and have got 2 more "hats" on the way! My wife will kill me...

..are you watchin me mate? :shock:

Good to see somebody else has the sickness!!!!

One thing however, NOT ENOUGH CAMO man!!! :lol:

Mick Smith

#3 Post by Mick Smith » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:53 pm

Actually there's quite a few camo ones in there. It's just that you can't see 'em. :D

There's at least 5 camo hats in that photo. 8)

What did you buy mate?

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

gundy

#4 Post by gundy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:59 pm

I got a baseball style cap to look the part at 3D and also a brush style hat for hunting...camo ofcourse! jeez, just because a bloke is in the scrub miles from anybody, does not mean he can not look the part!

Looking for some pants for upcoming pig trip now...

Joel

#5 Post by Joel » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:19 pm

The reason you cant see the camo hats is because the camo is just that good lol.
Thats a crazy collection mate. I make sure every holiday I go on I buy the stupidist/funnest hat and wear it the whole time, it just cheers you up to know you look foolish, and you will never see these people again. I will never forget surfing on a wave whilst waving my cowboy hat around whooping "Yeehaaawww" down in Mollymook one day hahaha
Hats can give certainly make things more interesting
Shoot it and move on

Coach

#6 Post by Coach » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Have I got a HAT for you Mick :lol: We are packing to move ATM and I found this in my sons bedroom and thought of you 8)

Mick Smith

#7 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Coach

There's nothing wrong with that hat mate. It would make a good hat to wear in the winter when the grass is green. It has a fairly short brim, so your bow string shouldn't touch it. I'd wear it, but then again I'd wear almost any hat, if I liked it.

The hair on the top of my noggin is extremely thin these days. I'm finding it more and more necessary to wear a hat in all weathers. Nearly all my hats are OK to fully draw an arrow without making any contact with the brim. Nothing puts you off your shot like string interference just prior to release.

I don't remember ever seeing a photo of you, wearing a hat. Do you wear one?

Mick

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 pm

What a collection Mick!!! :shock: :lol:

I can't say I'd wear too many of them though. :D

Jeff

Coach

#9 Post by Coach » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:47 pm

Yeah Mick I do wear one when I have to ,, I hate them . I dont like my vision or my hearing hampered in any way and I find hats do this . I only wear one when the sun is getting to me .

Mick Smith

#10 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:30 pm

I never used to wear hats when I was younger, but since I've had two melanomas and dozens of less serious skin cancers in recent years, I've learned to take more care of myself. Some people are more prone to these sort of problems, I guess I'm one of 'em.

Mick

Bandit

#11 Post by Bandit » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:36 pm

i only really wear this one hat, pretty much only when i'm out the club, although when i do wear it aroud my non-toxophilite mates, i get sum funny looks like i'm off tv (ignorance :wink: ) maybe its just teenagers hehe
Attachments
P31102521.jpg
P31102521.jpg (27.8 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
*attack life, its going to kill you anyway*

Mick Smith

#12 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:55 am

Bandit

I don't own a leather broad brimmed hat, that's a situation they may well change soon. I do like them. There's that something about leather. It goes so well with traditional archery, what with your leather quiver, glove and armguard, etc.

If I ever find one with a nice short brim, in a design I like, I will buy it. :wink:

Like you, I don't particularly care much about what other people think about my appearance. In my mind, most fashion is just a tool for relieving people of their hard earned money. Give me practicality any day.

Mick

hellier

#13 Post by hellier » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:09 pm

A man for all reasons...a hat for all seasons...
I'd love to have a battle of wits with you.....but you appear to be un-armed.....