My New Tree-Stand

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

stickbender

My New Tree-Stand

#1 Post by stickbender » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi All

I received my new tree stand today after 15 min putting it together it only took about 15 min to fit to the tree in my back yard.

I am very happy with it as you know I am not a small lad but I was jumping up and down on it and it didn't look like moving.

I ordered it last Thursday night from cabelas so that is less than a week to get here from the USA now that is what i call good service.

The stand is a Gorilla Kong Lounger XLS I looked at cheaper ones but after trying a tree stand for a number of hours some years back I was also looking for comfort and with the arm rests I thought this would help keep me in the seat if I fall asleep.

so I am looking forward to this years deer session so I can try it out

Mick Smith

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:04 pm

I reckon a tree blind would be a good way to go for hunting deer. They can be very hard to stalk sometimes. If you place your blind over or near a frequently used game trail, you might get the opportunity to shoot an unalarmed deer at very close range.

You would get to see lots of wildlife while you were waiting too. Things that you probably wouldn't notice usually.

They're big over in the US, but they've never been very popular here. I believe the few people who have tried them in Australia, have had positive results. They are very popular for hog deer hunting, here in Victoria.

The postage would have been a bit of a killer, wouldn't it? I'd be interested to see a photo of your tree stand, if that's possible.

Good luck with it. I hope you bag a nice deer by using it. :wink:

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

stickbender

#3 Post by stickbender » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:28 pm

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v438/stickbender/

photos of tree stand

Mick It cost me $240AU landed here I was only able to find one that I was to get in Aust and is was only a seat no back rest or arm rests for $280 + Postage The Postage from The USA was $54 US So it still worked out Better getting it in from the USA
Paul
Last edited by stickbender on Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hood

#4 Post by Hood » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:25 pm

Are airbags standard or extra :lol: :wink:
Bow Hunting is my Passion.

My wife says it's my Obsession.

Either way I'm happy.