whitetail ll

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

bowriver

whitetail ll

#1 Post by bowriver » Mon May 09, 2005 5:41 pm

hi guys looking at a bear whitetail ll just wondering what evryone thinks about it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

P.S its my first compound

Buford

#2 Post by Buford » Mon May 09, 2005 6:17 pm

i had a bear "code" a few years back. it shot ok (still is for the guy who bought it) only thing that sticks in my mind is that it was a tad heavy? This may not be the case with the whitetail though.......

buford
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

pedro

#3 Post by pedro » Wed May 25, 2005 1:37 am

i had a WT11, if its the same as mine with nylon eccentric wheels,glass limbs,fully cast riser with no grip(very cold on morning hunts), and green and black camo. the one i had was the worst compound ive ever owned, their a rugged bottom of the range bow that came out in the late 80's and were around for quite awhile. not because they were good though. probably because they mass produced them and couldnt sell them. the risers kept popping up on other bear model for another ten years or so.
i reckon youd be able to find a better one easily, i would'nt pay more than 50 for it. it would make a good fishing bow for $50 though.
hope that helps.
pedro :roll:

bowriver

#4 Post by bowriver » Wed May 25, 2005 10:11 am

Cheers guys i bought it on ebay...payed 40 for it plus 30 shipping...few days later got a refund because it was an inch too long for mail...at first i was spewin cause i was looking forward to getting my bow...esspecially so cheap...but now im stoked about not getting it...im gonna get it locally from a shop so they can help me set it up etc...still looking at compound (sorry all you trad people). Cheers paul

Buford

#5 Post by Buford » Wed May 25, 2005 3:42 pm

bowriver wrote:Cheers guys i bought it on ebay...payed 40 for it plus 30 shipping...few days later got a refund because it was an inch too long for mail... Cheers paul
I have sent compounds via Toll Express overnight for around $20......
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

coach

#6 Post by coach » Wed May 25, 2005 6:01 pm

Bowriver ,, how much do you want to spend on a compound? If it upsets people on here , come to TBGA and post the question and I will be glad to help you :D

erron

#7 Post by erron » Wed May 25, 2005 7:56 pm

Any time a soul wanders to the Dark Side we get upset, Coach!

:D

Erron

bowriver

#8 Post by bowriver » Thu May 26, 2005 9:49 am

I could've got it from Aus no worries but it had to come from America...looking at 200-300 big ones to send it usps...Coach i have put up a new post in tbga in the gear section. Not sure exactly how much i have until i find out how generous my family is for my birthday.

Cheers Paul