ozi explorer on android, or any ozi explorer users please?

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Chuditch

ozi explorer on android, or any ozi explorer users please?

#1 Post by Chuditch » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:00 pm

hi there all. Just wanting to touch base on using ozi explorer. I decided it looked like a good thing to use on my samsung android devices but now umming and ahhing around the best way to make use of it.

Only ever used backtrack on very simple gps devices and hardly ever used a map but recently got thrown by my old route being closed in to a few spots and was pretty embarrassed as it was a work trip.

So anyone using this software? Please respond or send me a message please.
DjidiDjidi, Nullark Gullart Nyarrt.

Muz1970

Re: ozi explorer on android, or any ozi explorer users pleas

#2 Post by Muz1970 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:48 am

Hey Chuditch, I loaded it onto a 7" Samsung tablet recently for when we did the Connie Sue/Anne Beadell at the start of this month. I linked it to my Hema maps and it works spot on. I'm not one to have it running all the time, only turning it on when required. Its fast to link to satellites on start up and found it to be very accurate. It self locates to the nearest maps to your location without searching for them. Its $25 well spent I reckon. It has heaps of screens to choose from with lots of info if required. I liked the the basic map overview the best.

I'm ditching my old Garmin Etrek and will be taking my tablet in future, hunting backpacking etc.

I'll be loading it onto my S5 phone in the near future also. Prefer the bigger screen of the tablet as there's a lot of detail on most of the maps and my ageing eyes struggle a bit on the smaller screens. (Don't usually carry my reading glasses with me)

Have you got the maps?

PM me if you need any help with it.

Muz

Chuditch

Re: ozi explorer on android, or any ozi explorer users pleas

#3 Post by Chuditch » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi Muz,

Thanks for replying to my question. I have a lot more questions so I will PM you mate.

Thanks again,

Adam
DjidiDjidi, Nullark Gullart Nyarrt.