Bushwakka swags

Any camping and hunting gear that doesn't fall directly under the Traditional banner, but is complementary to what we do: tents, stoves, 4 wheel drives & tyres, wearable gear etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Blinkybill

Bushwakka swags

#1 Post by Blinkybill » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:15 am

Hi all!
Im after a new swag. I've just borrowed from my brother in the past but he is now starting to have to use it more often for work so I figured I should probably buy my own. I'm particularly after a fairly compact design. I dont want to be carrying around a huge big swag in my back pack. I've been looking at the "Lite-Rider swag by Bushwakka swags and that one seems not too bad. It can zip up fully for when it rains but it can also unzip with a fully covered fly mesh to stop mozzies.
I was really after some feedback. Have any of you guys tried this swag or any of these brand of swag. Or, are there any that you guys think I should look at as well?
Thanks guys.

Ben
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...

longbow steve

Re: Bushwakka swags

#2 Post by longbow steve » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Ben, The Bushwakka swags look alright. I have found that swags are generally only as compact as the mattress you put in them and I like to be comfy for extended stays ie more than 1 night :) .
I have also found that alot of swags tend to be lacking in the water proof department in rain so I am now trying a bivvy bag and tarp as a replacement and suspect it will do the job better aswell as being lighter and more compact and usable for hiking etc.
Food for thought :) . steve