Enjoying Art LaHa's Movie...

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

Benny Nganabbarru

Enjoying Art LaHa's Movie...

#1 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm really enjoying Art LaHa's film on DVD, "No Land For The Timid", which arrived in the mail today from 3Rivers. I'm about halfway through, but it's too late to continue watching, and I need to sleep soon. So far, I've seen a lady bowhunter shoot a big moose with her recurve, and Art shoot a big brown bear with his bow (poor footage due to darkness I think, but still a magnificent record of history). There's also been a fair bit of rifle action, but at least they used thumpin' big calibres, which is something I get a kick out of. Anyway, it's a good film, but not for the squeemish. I highly recommend it.

You may not have heard of Art LaHa, but he was an old-time bowhunting legend.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

nimrod

Re: Enjoying Art LaHa's Movie...

#2 Post by nimrod » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:45 am

yes mate its not bad have you read his book A Northwoods Legend its not a big book but is a good read all the same

BowDonkey

Re: Enjoying Art LaHa's Movie...

#3 Post by BowDonkey » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:30 am

I met Art back in the early 80's. Quite a guy, sure left an impression. According to many old hunters, he was the best. A few years back his wife and daughter still ran the "Bear's Den" in Winchester WI.
SNAKE HATER & HORSERADISH LOVER