The future of duck hunting in Victoria.

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

The future of duck hunting in Victoria.

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 pm

As we all know, we are in a battle with certain elements in our society to maintain our way of life. These people, who would like to instruct us on how to live our lives, are a vocal minority. We need to use our numbers to out compete them at their very own game.

The frontline (and it is a battlefront) in Victoria between 'us and them' is currently on the subject of duck hunting. They believe they can sway enough public opinion in this area to make a difference. Duck hunting in Victoria can be viewed as the thin end of the wedge. The animal rights brigade is trying to single out and destroy smaller and presumably weaker opponents in an effort to weaken hunting in general . Regardless of your views on duck hunting, make no mistake, once they manage to get duck hunting banned in Victoria, they will set their sights on other activities that might be closer to your heart, such as bowhunting.

There is currently a debate on the Victorian Premier's own website. It's important because it will be read by our politicians. This debate was started by animal rights fanatics. Let us finish it by having our combined say on the matter!

Everyone needs to do their bit. :wink:

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/share-you ... -2010.html

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Len

Re: The future of duck hunting in Victoria.

#2 Post by Len » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Well done in bringing this up Mick. I don't duck hunt myself but I don't see why someone who wants to shouldn't.
Hmmmmmmm.............

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Thankfully it looks like the support for Duck Hunting is well ahead of that against. Let's hope it continues.

Jeff

hue

#4 Post by hue » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 pm

good point Mick.
i always thought that when laurie levy started his rants some 25 years ago against duck hunting, i thought that its days were numbered - but it's still there - evidently, the govt advisers must see the sense in a sensible cull.
but you are right - if they win on any front - it won't be long before the sook brigade attacks more and more pastimes and high on peta's list is fishing. don't for a second think it just stops with one activity! it never does and we now have a bunch of highly intelligent, very well organized and militant vegetarians (peta) whispering into the govt's ear and we must be vigilant. they will atune themselves to the young and middle class aussies who live nowhere near the bush but think meat comes from supermarkets!

Hue
I can only be who I am

Roadie

#5 Post by Roadie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Evening All,
Being the cynical person I am, I think this is a set up by the Brumby Gov, as there is supposed to be an election this year he is testing the waters to see if it has been a positive move on his part. Reading the replies, there seems to be an overwhelming support for people to go Duck hunting. I am a Hunter and I vote, let US all enjoy our sport. Cheers Roadie.

perry

#6 Post by perry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 am

Divide and Conquor, that's plain and simple the anti's tactic. Hunters, Bow or Firerarm, even fishermen must stand together or we are done. We can not afford self interested factions, whats it matter that you do not hunt ducks or use a firearm - you have a connection to mans nature and the order of things, the Disney crowd do not, are stuck in a fantasy world of sugar and spice. Most Hunters are forthright folk who tell it as it is, honest enough to do some of their own killing for meat, these Anti clowns use every dirty trick , lie and distortion they can dream up and have thrown so much mud some of it has stuck. Emotive outburst's from well intentioned folks, young fella's suggesting they stick it where the sun don't shine generally, must be tempered and a controlled front maintaintained.

In recent weeks a delegation of 3DAAA and ABA held talks with the WA police minister re this debate going on over there, who was left with a positive impression with the balanced veiws and facts he was presented with. He could have been given even further positive information but a splinter bowhunting group who said they would attend this meeting failed to turn up , they where aware they had been given time in an agenda, presented with t5his agaenda as where all party's involved and did not have the courtesy to say they where not attending until pushed at the last minute. The misister was less than impressed and likely will not listen to anything they have to say again. This is an example of the power to influence Government a united stand has. A positive outcome may have been marred by a self interested faction not presenting a united approach. Aunited stand has a chance of working with Duck hunting regardless if it's an election year as well, don't end up like Queensland with no chance of Duck Hunting being allowed again.

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin