Youtube ,, the Worst thing For Hunting

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

Coach

Youtube ,, the Worst thing For Hunting

#1 Post by Coach » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt9ffXRiV_E
Look at this crap will ya . Bloody shocking ! No wonder bowhunting comes under threat all the time with idiots like this posting crap like this !

Benny Nganabbarru

Re: Youtube ,, the Worst thing For Hunting

#2 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 pm

I agree. Hunters should either stay away from posting stuff on youtube altogether, or at least exercise discretion. In general, neither scenario seems likely, sadly. The fellow who made this film will hopefully consider our concerns and make some changes.
Last edited by Benny Nganabbarru on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

Gringa Bows

#3 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:09 pm

seen that on another site,not a good thing for the people to see,the bloke had a gunpound and still could'nt hit it in the right place..........Rod.

Coach

#4 Post by Coach » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Anyone see the arrows in the goats ass ? And how many arrows does one need to break ?

Dennis La Varenne

#5 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:54 am

Dear God!!!!. Carnage is right, and it wasn't the broadheads.

Dennis La Varenne
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

Waltron

#6 Post by Waltron » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:15 am

Coach wrote: Look at this crap will ya . Bloody shocking ! No wonder bowhunting comes under threat all the time with idiots like this posting crap like this !
Totally agree.

piggy

#7 Post by piggy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Although we all might agree re; youtube, by posting it up here you are just circulating items like this for more people to see and not helping our cause.

jindydiver

#8 Post by jindydiver » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Yes the irony is that by putting a live link here you have increased the video's standing on Google and on the U-tube site, practically guaranteeing that more people (both "for" and "anti")are going to see it.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

Coach

#9 Post by Coach » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Yeah ya right ,, but then again , after seeing some of the crap on hunting sites , it cant be doing that much more damage and I am at least showing that we dont agree with this type of behaviour .

aussiehunter

#10 Post by aussiehunter » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:33 pm

i have to agree,its crap,id be asking if anyone knows him and get him to remove it...

pat
checkmate hunter take down recurve, 53lbs @28 inch
glenn newell longbow 60@28"
ams bowfishing
www.blackstumpbroadheads.com.au
[aussie made and made to last]

http://www.bowhunterslodge.net.au
"This just may be the best hunt of your life"

Coach

#11 Post by Coach » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:38 pm

The chances are ,, that anyone that knows him , may be like him , and wouldnt ask him to remove it :wink:
How many of you fellas be honest and tall your mate he is is being a tool ?

Nephew

#12 Post by Nephew » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:41 pm

If his ego is fed by putting film of this kind of nonsense up online, no amount of talking will persuade him there is anything at all wrong with it. It's not about the ethics, nor the quality of his shooting, nor the sharpness of his hunting/outdoors skills to this chap, it's the fact that he's up there, online being watched...and folk like us are talking about him. :wink:
That's no criticism, Coach, he should be brought to attention even if just to be able to I.D. the man should you ever run into him, and know that this is not a man to invite share your campfire, y'know?
Just my perspective/opinion on his personality and fragile, but massive, ego. :)
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Stephen Georgiou

#13 Post by Stephen Georgiou » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Totally unacceptable.
What was he thinking??

Mick Smith

#14 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:55 pm

I haven't looked at this clip as it would take all day on my pathetic dial up access to open. I can imagine what it might be like though.

Talking about posting the details of events such as this on Ozbow and the adverse effect it might then have by further spreading the 'filth' it contains, perhaps it might be an idea for the Ozbow management team to introduce a 'members only' forum on the site, where sensitive subjects can be talked about in privacy. Other sites have them. You would need to be logged on inorder to open it. I think it would make a great deal of sense.

While it is good to publically condemn actions such as this online, there is definately a negative side.

Personally, I think that videos/DVDs, including the better ones, are really bad news for the future of bowhunting, as your average surburbinite who might happen to view it, just can't come to grips with reality of where their meat actually comes from. They're better off left in the dark. To us, it seems totally natural (and it is), but to some of the more insulated members of the public we probably appear to nothing but barbarians.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Stephen Georgiou

#15 Post by Stephen Georgiou » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:01 pm

good idea mick

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#16 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:11 pm

perhaps it might be an idea for the Ozbow management team to introduce a 'members only' forum on the site, where sensitive subjects can be talked about in privacy.
That isn't a bad idea Mick however these days it seems animal libbers etc that watch hunting forums simply have members join up and can see what is posted anyway. Technology works against us at times. Still worth considering though.

Jeff

BowDonkey

#17 Post by BowDonkey » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:18 pm

He could have been paid by animal rights groups to slander bowhunters. Just a thought. Over here there have been several publicity stunts staged to raise $$$$. I'd watch your animal rights people and government officials to see if they start howling about this in the coming months. Then the video was probably a plant.
SNAKE HATER & HORSERADISH LOVER

feral66

#18 Post by feral66 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:18 am

Now I just had a look at that video and I might be mistaken but he's standing out in the open and one of the goats looks up at him and then continues to graze, so it looks to me like they may be domesticated and not feral. Or they might be used to humans correct me if I'm wrong. and if anyone recognize those guys give them a clip behind the ear for being complete morons.

longbowinfected

#19 Post by longbowinfected » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 am

If you stay put and goats move up to our position, then you get up slowly they will often stay.
All my hunting is in rough hilly ground never in a rough flat paddock right next to my ute [check all the scenes with him near the ute]. I have never been hunting without a waterbottle, belt, pouch and knife at least.....even for a quick one or two hours......

This guy has driven his ute up to the goats, got out of the car with his mate who is taking the film and he is talking and shooting and the goats are still heads down......I wonder why I climb for hours in the early morning or afternoon just to get near a really feral mob....

The language he uses like "carnage" I have never heard from real hunters.
I would not brag to the world that I shot so badly at 30 and 15 metres even with a gunpound nor would I provide the RSPCA with evidence of such callous cruelty [disrespecting the animal and turning it into a pin cushion]

This is so stupid that for the first time ever I posted on youtube.
I think it is important that Joe Public realises that there are ethical hunters. Posers like him need to be challenged each and every time.......otherwise we lose..so too the victims of such action.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Nephew

#20 Post by Nephew » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

You know Bowdonkey your idea of him being a plant makes a lot of sense. It would be right up their devious alley! :evil:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

TerryH

#21 Post by TerryH » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:04 am

Coach wrote:Anyone see the arrows in the goats ass ? And how many arrows does one need to break ?
Arrows in the goats ass?
Was that the second goat He shot I didn't watch it all as I to have dial up connection.
I only watched half up to when he hit the second one in the shoulder that was enough for me I'd like to know if he finished it off or left it to die.

looseplucker

#22 Post by looseplucker » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:21 pm

This video has been removed.
Are you well informed or is your news limited?