The Beginning of the End ??

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

Antarcher

Re: The Beginning of the End ??

#31 Post by Antarcher » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:53 pm

Just to let you all know that there will be a meeting in January where all the main organisations in Australia, ABA, 3DAAA and AA, will be getting together to get organised and fight this on one large front. This is to ensure that everyone will be working together for the common goal, which is to save bowhunting from being banned. Hard times are ahead and if we have ever needed to band together and put differences aside, then this is it.

I know I will be throwing my hat into to the ring at any opportunity to help out, we are going to need a huge coordinated response from everyone to ensure our future, and even more importantly, our kids future is secured for them be able to enjoy something that we hold close to hearts.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#32 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Good to hear Ant.

Jeff

Grunter Hunter 63

#33 Post by Grunter Hunter 63 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:32 am

As an active member of our local bow club, an active member of target archery, an active member of the hunting brigade I find this an absolute bloody shame if it is passed through government.
Too many uneducated people start blabbing off before they have all the 'Correct Details' and start the ball rolling in the complete wrong direction.......
Lets pass a law that bans the use or production of eggs and poultry products cause they are produced in a cage so small you couldn't put a six pack in .....afterall that is apparently ok to have chickens crammed in that damn close together that they can't even peck their neighbours **** even if they wanted.....that's only after they have been legally pumped full of that much crap to make them grow fast enough to get them on the table for all to eat....but this is ok?
We as dedicated members of the hunting fraternity, whom are coached and tested before being able to even go and attempt to hunt an animal........I believe this is called ETHICS.......know damn well that there is always going to be certain numbers of cowboys out there regardless of the sport who will do the wrong thing.........its just a shame that its always these types of people who will bring any sport into the publics eye for all the wrong reasons.....
Lets get smart about this.....limit the number of places that gear and equipment can be purchased.....stop the sale of gear from your local corner store by people who wouldn't know the difference from the knock to the razor sharp blade if it was jammed up their ****....If licencing of 'weopons is required'.....fine. Lets control this properly but to totally ban the use of bows and arrows to hunt an animal is rediculous.....
Part of the thrill we all enjoy is the stalk.....if we manage to get in close enough to make a clean shot we may choose to do so. If on the other hand we use a rifle ( and this is not a dig in any way at that sport either as I have also rifle hunted), but this is accepted by the government bodies......I think not......

Guys and gals I call on you all.........stand up and make some noise about this proposal...do it smart, do it with some thought, and do it from an ethical bow hunter frame of mind or we may never be able to truly enjoy the sport of the hunt ever again......

I , (and I am only one voice) will be seriously ****** off if this goes through............
Become the arrow..........
Watch it all the way to the target.......

Roadie

#34 Post by Roadie » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Afternoon All,
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have just spoken to 3 MLA's off my concerns about W/A wanting to Ban Archery and Hunting by Bow, and all three were quite surprized. the 3 MLA's were Warren Snowden, NT. spoke to Senator Nigel Scullion office as well. Warren Snowden said he would write to the atternory general office to get a clear picture of their stand. Nigel Scullion's office promised to look into the issue as well. Peter Crisp the MLA here in Mildura asked for more detail of the proposal and said he would also look into it. All MLA's have taken my email and have promised to keep me informed. So fellow ARCHERS let start to put pressure onto our MP's and lets see if we can't put a ARCHER into our Parliment, just like the Shooter's Party did. I enjoy my ARCHERY and I am not going to stand by and let some misguided group take away what I enjoy. LET'S KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE, that is we can enjoy a good Hunt. MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all, and to the Archers i have met and shot with this year, see you ALL in 2010. Cheers ROADIE.