Stikbow Hunter July / August Available for Download!

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

gundy

Stikbow Hunter July / August Available for Download!

#1 Post by gundy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Guys,
the latest edition is available for download. Some exciting news concerning the future of this project, so be sure to have a gander...

A big welcome to Matt Curry too, who will be jumping on board as editor and help manage the eMag. Matt will no doubt chime in here soon.

Got to run! Work to do. Stay safe...
Attachments
cover jul_aug 09.jpg
cover jul_aug 09.jpg (99.59 KiB) Viewed 2204 times

excelpoint

Re: Stikbow Hunter July / August Available for Download!

#2 Post by excelpoint » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:05 am

Mag looks great Gundy as usual, looks like I have pretty big shoes to fill.
Well guys as Gundy said I have taken on the the role of editior etc of the Stikbow Hunter mag. When I heard that Gundy wasnt going to be able to continue with the project I thought I coudnt let that happen so after many long phone calls discussing our vision for the emag we came up with a way forward that sat well with both of us. Its 5:00am at the moment so I will leave it short as I have got to get to work but if you have any questions on the Mag just let me know. I will post what we plan for the future this arvo.
Before I go though I would like to extend a huge "Well done mate" to Gundy for getting the Stickbow Hunter Emag to where it is today and giving me such a good platform to work with. Hopefully you guys will agree and continue to support the Mag as I will be pushing for lots of articles etc moving forward.
Cheers,
Matt

jindydiver

#3 Post by jindydiver » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:21 am

Gundy has done a great job with the mag and it was sad to hear it would be over. Good to see it is now going to carry on :D :D
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

Lindsay

#4 Post by Lindsay » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 am

excelpoint wrote:Before I go though I would like to extend a huge "Well done mate" to Gundy for getting the Stickbow Hunter Emag to where it is today
Would like to second that.
Dave Beeler Longbow 56" 60#
Kohannah Hunter T/D recurve 62" 56#
Motu Magnum R/D longbow 66" 74#

Gringa Bows

#5 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:23 am

yeah good onya Guy,and good one Matt for keeping the book alive..............................Rod

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

No doubt about it, Guy did a great job and I'm glad to see the mag continue. All the best with it Matt.

Jeff

excelpoint

#7 Post by excelpoint » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. Im quite nervous in a way about this project but have a really good feeling that this is going to be something even more special then it already is. I still hope to publish 6 editions a year and maybe some special editions if I have an overload of articles. For instance if i get a heap of small game articles I might put out a special "Small game" Edition on top of the Bi monthly editon etc. Over the next twelve months I will be pushing hard to get our advertising and sponsorship base up so as to be able to offer some good incentives for you guys and gals to submit articles etc. I plan to have gear reviews in each edition starting with next editions review on the Badlands Diablo day pack. I am also planning to have local industry interviews as well as build alongs etc along with hopefully an international article each edition as well. I really encourage anyone out there to submit anything they like. You dont have to be Hemingway just write it down. Short stories would also be great as I would relly like to get a short story section happening.
If there is anything else you guys would like to see added let me know and I will see what can be done to make it happen.

Benny Nganabbarru

#8 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Well-done, Guy and Matt!
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

Coach

#9 Post by Coach » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Good to see it is still happening . I will try and get together an article for the next edition to show my support :)

excelpoint

#10 Post by excelpoint » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:18 pm

Coach wrote:Good to see it is still happening . I will try and get together an article for the next edition to show my support :)
Good onya mate. Much appreciated.