NSW Game Council ( hunting clubs expressions of interest)

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

woody

#1 Post by woody » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:35 pm

I'm looking for as much information on this topic as is available. In my web site, on the Government Information page is all the information I've found so far. If you check out what I've found so far and have something to add which I've missed, please drop me a line.
The information that I really need, is when the Game Council is going to start issuing licences,a list of distribution outlets ( where to buy them) and exactly what public lands will then be available for hunting
(maps of game licence hunting areas etc. ) Does any one know where I can address these enquiries? Thanks,
Woody.

vegie

#2 Post by vegie » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:47 am

Woody,
I think the actual mechanics of how this is going to occur is still being devised.
I found a link to the actual game bill itself. While it is not the full story it at least tells you what the game bill wants to acheive. Best thing is it clearly states that bows are a legal weapon for hunting game animals in NSW.
Daryl
look up the link and then search for the in the All bills by title on the LH side.

Game and Feral Animal Control Bill (formerly Game Bill) 2002

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/w ... atedefault

woody

#3 Post by woody » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:10 pm

Vegie,
Thanks for post reply, I've pretty much got all that back ground stuff, what I'm looking for is the start up date and details of where we can use new licence system to access new legal areas.
I'm thinking that state land, thats been closed to legal hunting in the past, has potential for good hunting, for the first 12 months anyway. The lack of interest in these posts has surprised me, I would have thought this is an oppurtunity that hunters would have been really interested in
Have a look in the Government Information section of my web site, from Main Index page, to see what I've found on the game council already, best regards,
Woody

tracker

#4 Post by tracker » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:00 pm

Found this for anyone who hasn't already seen it.

http://www.gamecouncil.nsw.gov.au

The basics seem to be that they plan to start granting licences by the middle of the year, NO details on where to get them.

And that there is a representative from the state forests on board and they expect it will be crown land AND state forest that we'll be able to hunt on.

That's what I got from a quck read over. I can't wait for it to start! :D

Mick.

erron

#5 Post by erron » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:12 pm

Thanks for that Mick, I'll get that site up on our links page ASAP!

:)

Erron

tracker

#6 Post by tracker » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:59 pm

Sent them an email asking for an update as to timing and got a VERY prompt reply.

Apparently the Regulations which control licensing have been submitted to the Minister and they are hoping they will get approved next month.

They are hoping that Game Council General Licences required for participation in the NPWS Game Birds program in the rice growing areas will be available in July.

They are working towards a full launch of the General and Restricted Licensing system later in the year or early next.

All sounds good! :D

Mick.

vegie

#7 Post by vegie » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:28 pm

Hi guys,
Here is a newsletter put out by the NSW game council. The first of a regular newsletter to let people know what is going on. The ABA rep on the council has had to step down and I have been approached to fill his position on the council.
The hand over should occur early in July. I will be picking peoples brains for some feedback so I can better represent bowhunters interests on the council. No matter what you shoot or if you belong to any of the Archery associations or not.

I will let you know what I know as things happen.

Daryl
Attachments
gamecouncilJune 04.pdf
(277.6 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

erron

#8 Post by erron » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:51 pm

Daryl,

it's good news that you are stepping up to this one, and thanks on behalf of us all! :)

Will read this when I get home tonight,

Erron

erron

#9 Post by erron » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:59 pm

Hmm, is anyone else having trouble opening this on the site?

:?

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#10 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:04 pm

Erron,

I can't get it to open either. It does the download but nothing shows up.

Jeff

Griffo

#11 Post by Griffo » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:46 pm

Hey Vegie, great news mate...and I'm glad to know that we're being represented by a bloke who will do the best job for us he can...good on ya.

Luke :)

erron

#12 Post by erron » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:46 pm

Vegie also emailed this to me, and I can open it from the email okay, so if anyone wants it, email me and i'll send it back.

Here's a sample of text (emphasis is mine):
OPERATIONS MANAGER: Brian Boyle

Brian has an extensive background— close to 20 years— working in parks, recreation and game management throughout Australia and
New Zealand. Brian also has 37 years hunting experience and is a qualified deer ecologist.

He has a degree in Parks and Recreation Management and graduated with First Class Honors in Ecology of Fallow Deer.

He has managed the 70,000 ha Lake Sumner forest Park
Recreation Hunting Area in Hamner, NZ and was instrumental
in facilitating a partnership between the Victorian Deer Association and Parks Victoria.

He is currently also learning to use a bow for bowhunting.