bowhunter.com.au lost

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

TomMcDonald

bowhunter.com.au lost

#1 Post by TomMcDonald » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:37 pm

bowhunter.com.au going...

Sad day: though I'm not a member, I've been looking through all the trad stuff and it's got some really good stuff on there.

Sorry to hear it's going down...

P.S. Sorry I called it boring, Coach. You know that was just joshin' :P
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Glenn

Re: bowhunter.com.au lost

#2 Post by Glenn » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:50 am

You can't expect people to support your site just because you set one up, you have to do things to make people want to use it and post on it. It's the same as starting up a bussiness, you just cant put an add in the paper and expect you bussiness to grow, it wont happen, you have to work at making it grow, otherwise it's going nowhere...Glenn...

TomMcDonald

#3 Post by TomMcDonald » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:03 am

Glenn wrote:You can't expect people to support your site just because you set one up, you have to do things to make people want to use it and post on it. It's the same as starting up a bussiness, you just cant put an add in the paper and expect you bussiness to grow, it wont happen, you have to work at making it grow, otherwise it's going nowhere...Glenn...
I understand that Glenn. I'm just saying that it's sad I didn't see it earlier and maybe do what I could to make it more active.
There really was some good stuff on there, but I only looked at the traditional area.
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Coach

#4 Post by Coach » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:23 am

Glenn wrote:You can't expect people to support your site just because you set one up, you have to do things to make people want to use it and post on it. It's the same as starting up a bussiness, you just cant put an add in the paper and expect you bussiness to grow, it wont happen, you have to work at making it grow, otherwise it's going nowhere...Glenn...
Oh, and what was I to do , Pay the members ??? Theres that many prizes on there to encourage participation :roll:
Simple fact is , too many forums with too much BS on them ! Didnt see you on there offering any support . Oh no , you had ya head Elswhere , didnt you :lol: It was a free site put up for others to use , people didnt use it , so it's going .
Anyway , she's over as of 6pm tonight !

Nephew

#5 Post by Nephew » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Bloody Hell! That's my homepage!! Also, where do we go for pics of Alyssa.S. now? :wink: :D
Bloody shame, Coach. I wish I'd had more to say now, but didn't feel I had the experience to say it, y'know? That'll teach me for holding back for manners sake. I'm glad I've got your number, though. :D
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Coach

#6 Post by Coach » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Moreton wrote: Bloody shame, Coach. I wish I'd had more to say now, but didn't feel I had the experience to say it, y'know? That'll teach me for holding back for manners sake.
Dont need experience mate ,, just take a look at some of the rubbish on hunting sites :wink:

Coach

#7 Post by Coach » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Just like to say a thanks to those that supported the site . She is all shut now . Happy Hunting fellas.

motty

#8 Post by motty » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Why didn't people use it would be the question. There are a lot of bowhunting sites but I only go to Ozbow and trad gang
because of the inherent respect and honest help shown towards other users.
Having started a business before, I'd agree with Glenn.

Coach

#9 Post by Coach » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 pm

motty wrote:Why didn't people use it would be the question. There are a lot of bowhunting sites but I only go to Ozbow and trad gang
because of the inherent respect and honest help shown towards other users.
Having started a business before, I'd agree with Glenn.
There was some "behind the scene" stuff that I dont want to go into publicly . If you really want to know Motty , PM me .
As for the business thing ,, I was not asking for money , or turning the site into a money making venture . It was put out there as an alternative site for bowhunters to chat and share stories etc , but for reasons , it was not used , so now it is gone . I dont see any good coming from this thread at all now the site is closed .

ichiban

#10 Post by ichiban » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:19 am

ahh well thats a shame, perhaps it was just a bit to spacific, i belive this site is so popular because although the main focus is on hunting (sorta) theres space for all the other archery fun. that dose suck, good luck on your next venture
Im gonna make it bend and break-Fall Out Boy