Pip Borrman

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

otis.drum

Pip Borrman

#1 Post by otis.drum » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

...for anyone who has driven through my home town of shepparton victoria on a sunday, there is a good chance you will have seen Peter 'Pip' Borrman flying the skys over the aerodrome in his stunt plane, smoke trail following and cars pulled over all along the sides of roads watching him.

he was regarded as one of, if not, australia best strunt flyer, and sadly died in a plane crash yestereday afternoon only a 100 or so metres from the shepparton airport runway when he had mechanical failure during his first stunt just after take off.

Pip was an icon of the area, had a bit to do with young bucks learning to fly and was yesterday practising for his solo part in the avalon air show near melbourne.

sadly his father who taught him to fly died in the same way in 1974.

whilst most of you may never have heard of him he was very well known and highly regarded throughout our community and his death has shocked many. i met the man on many occasions thorugh his auto wrecker business and he was a geniunly nice guy.

anyway i wont say too much but for those interested here is some footage of him. there is plenty more on him on youtube. just search 'pip borrman'.

the commentry in this one is him whilst flying.

otis... :cry:
...otis...

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pip Borrman

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 am

That is sad mate and no doubt a great loss to his loved ones. At least as they say, he went doing what he loved.

Jeff