Peninsula Bowman/Aim/3dshoot-thanks

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

stringnstik

Peninsula Bowman/Aim/3dshoot-thanks

#1 Post by stringnstik » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:32 am

Just a yelp of thanks to the Peninsula Bowman and Aim Archery for putting on a great 3d shoot for us on Sunday. It was a club fund raiser event with a very relaxed and chill atmosphere and some of the takings going towards the bush fire victims.

30 targets with bears, deer, antelope, pig, big cats and a turkey I so so absolutely nailed:) We had 20 targets then a scrumptious bbq lunch followed by the last 10. The bush setting was nice with a little dust blown in by the wind from the dirt bike club next door but otherwise a very pleasant wander thru the bush with my ever present "trust death stik" by my side:)

I think Im starting to get the hang of it. I had at least two of those, "that went exactly where I was aiming", moments. I would have gone home with bear, turkey, pig and deer known kills. I also wounded alot of animals (sorry about that). If anyone sees a rubber cat wondering around with an arrow in its ear please take it to the vet ;) Kids (thanks for the recurve loans Erich) did well as did the wife who is also getting the hang of it.

We all had a 60yard long shot at the practice buts,,,umm did they get that arrow out of the tree? I was amazed to see the little ones with their 15 and 20# reaching the distance.

A very pleasant day, I certainly hope they get a few down to their open event next week.
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"