Bowhunter Australia Magazine News

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

Antarcher

Bowhunter Australia Magazine News

#1 Post by Antarcher » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:30 pm

As has been suggested, I will put this post hear also so a few more people see it. Sorry for the double post.

Have had some great developments for the magazine of late. First of all, the second run of distribution will commence next Wednesday and though I am not sure of the exact locations as yet, the mag will be going to most of the places where it sold out the first time around. So if you missed it the first time, there is now a chance to get one. Numbers are limited though, so I do not know how many will be in each place.

Secondly Oz Hunting and Bows has kindly given me a Samick Devastator with arrows, quiver glove and whatever else it takes to get you shooting, to give away in the mag. The winner of the bow will be drawn and to enter you will have to send in a coupon from the magazine, which we will put together.

Thirdly now, Jim Belcher, of Belcher Bows in the USA, will be sending out a custom longbow to be reviewed alongside the Samick and a new remodelled Newell Defiant. This will be a great review that will pit an American made bow, made out of American timbers, against an Aussie made bow crafted out of Aussie timbers. Both bows will be 55lbs and we will also throw the Samick in the mix just to give a perspective between a factory produced bow against a couple of custom bows.

Now here is some incentive. The Belcher bow will be awarded to the best article that appears in this years magazine. I will pick the top ten or so articles and then put a poll up on the site to allow everybody to vote on their favourite article. This will eliminate any favouritism and allow a story to win on its own credit.

Submissions for articles will be closing in early April. Remember also that Trophy Bowhunts will be giving away a Chital hunt and this too will be drawn from coupons that can be sent in. Thank you to all who have and are supporting the magazine.