Hunters & Farmers beware, PETA are coming.

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

Len

Hunters & Farmers beware, PETA are coming.

#1 Post by Len » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:01 pm

I read today the PETA are setting up a full time office in Sydney so as to be able to coridinate their activities. They may be made up of your typical looney lefties but they are not stupid, apparantly in the States they have been buying shares in farming companies and causing havoc at board meetings. After farmers I'd say their next favourite target would be hunters so watch out.
Hmmmmmmm.............

Nephew

Re: Hunters & Farmers beware, PETA are coming.

#2 Post by Nephew » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Maybe it's time we started joining P.E.T.A., and the GREENS, and vote at their meetings! That would rock their boat!
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

CM Sackett

#3 Post by CM Sackett » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:01 pm

...they're not after our money, so they have NO compunction about throwing us out of their meetings.

...we (as a group) could re-learn a thing or two from their militancy.

Sackett
"The cost of Freedom tends to run very high. The cost of Apathy... incalculable."

Coach

#4 Post by Coach » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:08 pm

These IDIOTS are so HYPOCRITICAL . Dont they realise that in their fight for their cause via media such as the net , Papers , etc , that animals are losing their habitat etc .
For example ,, to post on a website there had to be electricity , which was gained by Damming a river , which upset the ecology . Or , the shoes that they wear , were glued together or stitched together , by some animal by product , or from some animals wool . And that the land was stripped to farm these animals to do so 8) What about the fact that the cars and mobile phones these idiots use , were made on land that was turned into a factory ,, where animals used to live , IE habitat now gone .
Their money and efforts would be better off put into helping those that have nothing and are starving !
In anything that we do to live and exist ,, an animal suffers in some way . I wonder how many of these dickheads have cockroaches or Rats crawling around their house ? Probably none , as they would have called in the Pest Control mob to rid them of these pests . Isnt that cruelty to Gods creatures ?> And Hypocritical ? Geez they **** me off !!!
And Finally ,, if they gave it a bit of thought , they wouldnt even be here if our forefathers didnt eat meat and utilise the animals on this planet , they would have just died !
Their WHOLE argument is FLAWED !

GrahameA

#5 Post by GrahameA » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Evening Sackett
CM Sackett wrote:...we (as a group) could re-learn a thing or two from their militancy.
IMHO - We, as a group, are not smart enough to do that.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

hue

#6 Post by hue » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:39 pm

Coach, couldn't have said it better myself.
Grahame, you said it!
I can only be who I am

TEX

#7 Post by TEX » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:55 am

You know I really get put out to say it politely with the attitude of "GREENIES". They say we are inhumane for hunting, well I believe that humans had to hunt before we had supermarkets and some of us still have those instincts in us. I think that people are becoming less human. I think people are getting so dependent on society that they are loosing the natural human qualities and skills in which made us evolve away from the rest of the animal kingdom. They think they are the only ones that are right and we should be like them. It's funny how they used to have that diesel sucking Rainbow Warrior that they used to galavant all over the ocean to save the universe. Hello Diesel. I wonder how many GREENIES eat meat and think it's OK for somebody else to kill the animal as long as they don't see it and it comes in a foam package with plastic wrapping. Thats another thing, the quality of the meat that comes in those plastic trays is such a poor quality why should we have to put up with that garbage. I was talking with a guy a few months ago who worked in a large meat processing plant and he told me that all our top grade meat is exported. What the hell is that. This is not our choice so why should other countries get our best cuts. Our society is being forced into such a sad situation it scares me for our future generations.
The animals we hunt are feral animals. Not endangered native animals but animals that have an impact on our native bush. Thats another point the bush we hunt. We camp out when we hunt, that is part of the activity we love so much. Just looking at the threads that are posted on this site shows how we all love the bush and we would never abuse it. I know we all on this site love to sit and watch the sun set or stand in the rain and let it run down your face. Jeez we can't even have a camp fire in some ares. What the hell is happening to our way of life. So many areas are being closed down so we can't use them. What,s the point of having something so special and have it all locked up so nobody can appreciate it. It's like having a beautiful painting and keep it in a cupboard. Pointless.
The only people who abuse the bush are the ones who are not taught how to use it. It will be our kids who will know how to treat it.
Not the normal so called humane society. Our kids are not even aloud to have a pocket knife anymore. We all had pocket knives when we were kids.

The farmers are coping it from both ends. They struggle against the weather and while they are bending over breaking there backs to make a living the government steps right up and gives it to them from another angle. This country was built on the backs of our farmers. People don't even realize where there food comes from, or they don't care.

It never ceases to amaze me on how such a new nation which has had the chance to design a country to be efficient and take advantage of other nations good and bad points has built it's major residential areas on our best farming land with the most rainfall and better soil conditions and forced farmer out of there farms by raising there land rates to the point that they have to sell to developers. I know I grew up on a small farm at Wallacia in NSW. The area is now full mansions with huge backyards. As long as the citizens, the so called humane people are happy with there big backyards and huge stainless steel BBQ and the meat is supplied in the plastic wraps we will all be ok. Yeah whatever.

Although I have been shooting bows since I was 12 years old I am only new to the archery brother hood. I have found that my fellow archers are a great bunch of people who are always willing to help each other out. I have made some great new friends through archery and I know I will be making a lot more. I think if we all stick together and get our friends and family involved in our sport we can only make it a tradition that lives on forever.

I am sorry to rave on but I am so unhappy with the way our way of life is being altered and shaped by those people who have no idea in the way that we are and how we choose to live. We are the last of the real human beings that know how to live. Lets stick together and keep our heritage alive and pass it on to the next generation.
I could go on but I have to get back to work.

Reg Mark

TEX

#8 Post by TEX » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:24 am

I was just looking at the P E T A website. They have a video on farm animal abuse.
Well that video makes hunting look like the most humane way of harvesting meat.

Just a thought. I wonder if these P E T A members have watched a documentary about the wild animals in africa.
When a lioness takes her prey she does it as quick as she can. It is a horrible way to die but that is how she does it.

Our razor sharp broadheads are designed to do the job as fast as possible and we practice and tune our bows to be as efficient as we can. I would rather be taken out with an unsuspected hit in the vitals with a broad head than a 130kg lioness tearing at my flesh and then dragging me down to rip my throat out so I bleed to death.

I think it is our rights to be able to hunt for meat.

So you P E T A and GREENIES should just stick to your own way of existence and let us live our lives the way we want. It's in our blood to hunt just as much as any other being on this planet. Just because it is being bred out of you doesn't mean it has been in us. You people would never understand. The reason so many people hunt for there own meat is because of the way animals are treated and the quality of meat which we have to put up with in our supermarkets.
I say no more as I can go on for ever.
Our new age society is breeding soft reliant people who can not survive without the consumer system which in fact is the worst environmental rapist on the face of our planet.
Us Hunters love nature, that is why we choose to take game in a natural environment and spend so much time out in the bush.

I have so much more to say but I shall leave it at this.

Thanks Mark

Lindsay

#9 Post by Lindsay » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:17 am

TEX wrote:Our new age society is breeding soft reliant people who can not survive without the consumer system which in fact is the worst environmental rapist on the face of our planet.
Us Hunters love nature, that is why we choose to take game in a natural environment and spend so much time out in the bush.

I have so much more to say but I shall leave it at this.

Thanks Mark
:( COULD NOT AGREE MORE.
Dave Beeler Longbow 56" 60#
Kohannah Hunter T/D recurve 62" 56#
Motu Magnum R/D longbow 66" 74#

kerrille

#10 Post by kerrille » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:46 pm

i don't worry to much about greenies as most people know what their about where peta is a different kettle of fish completely they dont wont us eating any kind of meat but dont wont us to have pets either ie dogs and cats ,birds or goldfish so i think most people know they are nothing but radical loonies all be-it dangerous ones and we must be more vigilant than ever.

...nev..
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

TEX

#11 Post by TEX » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:57 pm

Who backs the P-E-T-A
Are they a government body or are they a stand alone unit of units

I don't dislike all greenies. Some of there ideas are good but some well you know the story.

kerrille

#12 Post by kerrille » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:33 pm

in the us their classed as a terrorist organisation.

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

TEX

#13 Post by TEX » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 pm

I was thinking about the P E T A on the way home today and I think they would be hard pressed trying to stop hunting in Australia. WE have a big feral problem here and if it is not kept in check it will quite easily get out of control.
Apart from that the Police use dogs for searching and horses for patrol work. Our armed forces also use dogs. There is way too many animal lovers in this country for any organisation to stop us owning pets etc. I think the P E T A are the ones to be carefull what they get upto in Australia. Have you ever seen an old lady from the cat society when they get reved up. Watch out she will take you down real quick.
All we need to do is be safe and careful when we shoot and we should be fine.

I hope

alaninoz

#14 Post by alaninoz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:03 pm

They don't care about the ferals (animal or people) and the destruction of the environment - if they even know of it. They are a single issue pressure group and will use any and all tactics to achieve their aim. The way to beat them is to exert more pressure on the politicians than they do, and that means organisation. See some comments in another recent thread.
Alan

GrahameA

#15 Post by GrahameA » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Afternoon All
TEX wrote:I was thinking about the P E T A on the way home today and I think they would be hard pressed trying to stop hunting in Australia. WE have a big feral problem here and if it is not kept in check it will quite easily get out of control.
Apart from that the Police use dogs for searching and horses for patrol work. Our armed forces also use dogs. There is way too many animal lovers in this country for any organisation to stop us owning pets etc. I think the P E T A are the ones to be carefull what they get upto in Australia. Have you ever seen an old lady from the cat society when they get reved up. Watch out she will take you down real quick.
All we need to do is be safe and careful when we shoot and we should be fine.

I hope
PETA already has an impact in Australia. A small bit of background. (I don't argue as to whether they are right or wrong rather they already have had an impact.)

As a group they have learnt from the methodology of the NRA and as such they wield clout significantly out of proportion to their membership numbers.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

gundy

#16 Post by gundy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:58 pm

PETA - They are humanities biggest joke, a HOLLYWOOD joke. And yes...I believe that they are classed as a terrorists orginisation.

They are merely a BUSINESS making money - cashing in on peoples emotions - pathedic! Yes, they make around $30 million USD per annum....Now do your own research in where they spend that $30 mill.

It truly disgusts me.

Hypocrites....

Nomad
Location: Live in The Rock (south of Wagga NSW) lived in Bourke NSW and Tumut NSW for most of my life.

#17 Post by Nomad » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:27 am

TEX you hit the nail on the head EVERY post. i 100% agree with you on society breeding weaklings.

I know a couple of GREENIES and they are VERY different from each other. one is out there protesting ALL the time and the other takes a bulldozer to the scrub to clear a fence line. the difference is that one of them is realistic (il let you guess which one) and the other is an extreemist. i rekon that in our own individual way, we are all GREENIES too. we hate prolonged suffering, we love the bush, we eradicate vermin that endanger natives in our country, we more often than not use what we take so nothing goes to waste.....when it comes to GREENIES and PETA knocking farmers andhuntersfor their practices im on the other side of the fence. but when it comes to protesting something like the Japanese killing whales KNOWING that they are endangering the species...that isnt quite so black and white.

Jake
It would take a all eternity to learn all there is to know in this world. All we can do is share our knowledge and help others to understand that which we have worked hard to discover in the hope that they will not repeat our mistakes.

Antonio

#18 Post by Antonio » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:50 pm

I agree with Tex put one of us on Survivor program on television and people would want to come on the show instead of pitting the people stranded on the Island.viuwers would be saying look at that roast on the spit look at those tanned hide beds .look at all the fish these guys are getting .look at the fun these guys are having .I want to go .
they will be saying that is sheer paradise.

kerrille

#19 Post by kerrille » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 am

Antonio wrote:I agree with Tex put one of us on Survivor program on television and people would want to come on the show instead of pitting the people stranded on the Island.viuwers would be saying look at that roast on the spit look at those tanned hide beds .look at all the fish these guys are getting .look at the fun these guys are having .I want to go .
they will be saying that is sheer paradise.
thats the problem they would see us living how were suposed to, enjoying ourselves and having fun :shock: .thats not what its all about :? and would proberbly ban the show :D :D .

...nev...

jape

#20 Post by jape » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:42 am

good idea, i'd love to go but I would let you down if i went, i'd fall off a rock, twist me ankle, suffer whisky and cigar withdrawals, swim into a box jellyfish swarm, step on a taipan, get into a fight over one of the shielas, miss every animal I shot at, want soft toilet paper, slice half me finger open trying to get into a tin of peaches, miss TimeTeam on the telly, put me sleeping bag over a tarantula nest, forget the mozzie net and sun block, smuggle in chocolate which would melt all over me boots and attract all the ants and wasps, take three days to get a fire lit and embarrass everyone by wandering around naked scratching my umm... i'm sure I could think of lots more if I remember honestly all the camping trips I've been on! :oops: my mates never invite me back for some reason? mind you, as an example i'd frighten any PETA folk away from any idea of joining in!

kerrille

#21 Post by kerrille » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:54 am

As i said roland haveing fun :D :D

...nev..

clinglish

#22 Post by clinglish » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 pm

`could you all imagine, everybowhunter in the country marching in their capital city as a group .bows in one hand and banners in the other calling for the banning of PETA .we would have the support of the farmers and the general pop would see we don't have second heads.
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#23 Post by greybeard » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:09 pm

No!
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Coach

#24 Post by Coach » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:14 pm

greybeard wrote:No!
Cant you imagine that ?? Or is that a NO to something else ?

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#25 Post by greybeard » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:07 pm

Coach

I can't imagine the hunters getting off their backsides to form a cohesive group to formulate a policy/document to present to State/Federal Governments and the general public to protect the hunting rights they currently enjoy.

Maybe you will stand up and nominate to form lobby groups around Australia to help protect what little hunting rights are left?

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Coach

#26 Post by Coach » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:22 pm

greybeard wrote:Coach

I can't imagine the hunters getting off their backsides to form a cohesive group to formulate a policy/document to present to State/Federal Governments and the general public to protect the hunting rights they currently enjoy.

Maybe you will stand up and nominate to form lobby groups around Australia to help protect what little hunting rights are left?

Daryl.
OK , I agree .
Why me ? Isnt that what ABA is for ??
I wouldnt want to do it , done the same before in a work place situation , they were all mouth and when it came to the crunch , they backed off . As you said
can't imagine the hunters getting off their backsides to form a cohesive group
8) :lol:

jape

#27 Post by jape » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:56 pm

These particular people are obviously whack jobs on the extreme fringe - as are the idiots who spike trees and so on - but you have to remember that they are driven to that by deep-seated belief, albeit different to ours, by feelings of powerlessness in today's world and by a real sensitivity to the taking of life and the trashing of the environment. They must feel truly awful living in this brutal, selfish and bloody society. I sympathise with them a bit despite the paradoxes inherent in much of it, which they can hardly avoid and still survive, and I also recognise that they are organised, bank-rolled and active. I don't think they ever had a hope with this particular biological nomenclature but they do have growing influence and do get results at times. Similar groups stopped fox-hunting in UK after all, and they certainly educated me into never knowingly eating eggs that are not free-range.
As a btw I once asked Hugh Worth about pain in fish when hooked and he said research shows they don't feel it in any significant way. I think he is wrong, all organisms fight for live and survival and would feel some negative reaction according to the limits of their consciousness. The trick is not to 'anthropomorphise' the situation and also to have respect for your prey, choose the sauce and accompanying veggies carefully and be aware that vegetables have feelings too.

otis.drum

#28 Post by otis.drum » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:45 am

well
....maybe we should only eat apples that fall off the tree and animals that die of old age and desease....

what would P.E.T.A. complain about then? pinching food that is rightfully that of bacteria, bugs and vermin and other scavengers.

otis...
...otis...

Nephew

#29 Post by Nephew » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:23 pm

This would be the same people that came up with "Sea Kittens" yeah? :roll:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

ichiban

#30 Post by ichiban » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:04 pm

rable rable rable!!!! if you consider that there are countries where bowhunting is already banned (and has been for some time) just count your blessings, could spend your time hunting a nice steak in the super market hehe just joking, but bow fishing laws are the worst!!! in canberra the answer is NO can we shoot pest carp NO can we buy all the gear we need to do it...yes...can we do it NO.
Im gonna make it bend and break-Fall Out Boy