banning hunting in vic

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

kerrille

banning hunting in vic

#1 Post by kerrille » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:51 pm

only got the last part of the radio news this morning and they talked about banning duck hunting in Vic permanently then said something about banning all hunting as its cruel and unnecessary torture to animals did anybody get the whole storey.
I hope i heard wrong.

....nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

Coach

Re: banning hunting in vic

#2 Post by Coach » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:26 pm

http://www.bowhunter.com.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2332

Click the link to see the petition about Duck Hunting .

alaninoz

#3 Post by alaninoz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:41 pm

HELP GET A VIC DUCK SEASON IN 2009 - SUBMIT A PETION NOW!

Anti duck hunting groups have begun their campaign to have duck hunting permanently banned in Victoria. Are you happy to let them get a free kick? Help us protect traditional duck hunting for you and your children.

A petition to Minister Jennings has been created.
CLICK HERE... and help secure a duck season in 2009.
http://www.fga.net.au/www/251/1001127/d ... 15695.html

A decision will be made mid to late December. You can lobby for a season, go to the petition by clicking the link above, complete your details, click go and the petition will be sent directly to the Minister.

Hunter apathy is the antihunters greatest weapon.

The above cross posted from the ABA Bowhunting Forum. I stole it from Vegie, but I know he won't mind. As he says, hunter apathy is the antis best weapon.

Alan
Alan

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Come on fellas!! We should support this pro-hunting Field and Game Assoc action. Send your thoughts on the subject to the minister concerned, using the links in the above post.

Don't think for one moment that the same people who want to ban duck hunting, will have any tolerance towards bowhunting what-so-ever. :?

United we stand, or divided we fall. :wink: If the duck hunters 'fall', the 'antis' will turn their sights elsewhere. It will be our turn sooner or later.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Benny Nganabbarru

#5 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Well, I just clicked on that link and signed the petition. It's a long way from here, but we need to stick together. Good luck!

Click on that link and lend a hand; it's real easy.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

kerrille

#6 Post by kerrille » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:59 pm

thanks for that alaninoz..concided done and sighned and sent

...nev..
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont