Another Nail In The Coffin

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Another Nail In The Coffin

#1 Post by greybeard » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Another nail in the coffin of archery and bow hunting;

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/k ... wn/9831690

In case you missed an earlier story;

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-07/k ... ra/7226060

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Another Nail In The Coffin

#2 Post by kerry » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:57 pm

goodness me , who are these bl#@dy clowns ? :angry-cussing:
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

Ian Turner

#3 Post by Ian Turner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Its these bloody morons that buy their cheap **** Chinese bows from the markets and off ebay that "just want to kill somefinkl i want a big powerful bow tvat will kill fings eeerrr eeerr.

perry

#4 Post by perry » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 pm

This is the 2nd report in as many Days from the ABC reporting a native Animal shot with an Arrow. Despite the RSPCA's predictable Agenda driven WRONG comment I am sickened by this. Law Abiding Bowhunters and Archers do not deserve the indignity of being lumped in with the Scum that do these things yet we will pay the price. It makes me so angry !

I am at a loss on how to prevent this happening again because making it extra illegal wont stop a **** doing the wrong thing. I am being dragged kicking and screaming to the conclusion that restrictions must be placed on the sale of Bows and Arrows only too those who can prove they have a genuine reason for one - a slippery slope indeed because it will lead to draconian Restrictions and Licencing for Archers as has been imposed on Law Abiding Firearms Owners.

Draconian Legislation for Firearms has been a dismal failure despite what the Government and Media tell you and did nothing to keep them out of the hands of criminals or People who will abuse them. I cant see it working for Archery Equipment either. I really get why left wing extremists call for a Unicorn chasing Utopia but while Humans have breath on this Planet it wont happen.

Here's that first article I referred too. Seems that the Anti's are turning it up a notch to impose Restrictive Legislation on Archers from the number of reports in the media this year.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-0 ... ok_Organic

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin