Swine brucellosis:

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Swine brucellosis:

#1 Post by greybeard » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:29 pm

"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

jindydiver

Re: Swine brucellosis:

#2 Post by jindydiver » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 am

People need to be clear that you don't have to eat the pigs to get infected. Just handling your kills so you can take photos can expose you and so you should take care to have a way to wash your hands after handling the pigs or wear gloves if you have any cuts or sores on your hands.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

perry

Re: Swine brucellosis:

#3 Post by perry » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Sound advise, thanks Fella's. I need to start wearing rubber gloves when I handle Game. It's not just Brucellosis we need to be aware of, there is plenty of potential Disease and Parasites carried by Australian Game some of which may present a danger to Humans.

https://www.wildlifehealthaustralia.com ... 0(1.4).pdf

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin