Death-row dingoes supposed to kill goats

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Death-row dingoes supposed to kill goats

#1 Post by perry » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:15 am

A case of I told you so ! If memory serves me correctly when this Scheme to eradicate Feral Goats of a Barrier Reef Island by dropping some Feral Dog's onto the Island was first proposed Hunting organisations advised the Government of their concern's with the Scheme and that getting in Hunters to target the Goats was a more efficient option.

Guess what Folks, the Dogs are going after the easier prey like the ground nesting Bird's and they cant find the Dogs because the Tracking Collar's are inadequate and they cant see them through the Canopy; any half smart Dog thats been trapped before and flown to an Island by Helicopter is going to go to ground when they hear the Helicopter - I dont think Government and Anti Greenies in Australia will ever understand that Hunting is Biologically correct Human behavior and the Brain we have was developed in part through our need to Hunt to survive and that the World is not all fluffy Kittens and Unicorns. It was never going to be a simple thing to eradicate these Goat's. It may well take Years.

The Government need to get over themselves and they're fears of Public Perception and approach some Hunting Association's to take Hunters over to that Island. It's been proven around the World that Hunting used as a Tool is a very effective environmental control measure. The Authorities need to make sure they have reasonable facilities like Tent's or Quarter's, Composting Toilet, Shower and even a large Meatsafe and in a few Years I'd be surprised if there was a Goat left. There might even be facilities over there already that Hunters could utilise and then could be used for Ecotourism after the Culling is done.

I'm going Hunting next weekend myself and the Country I Hunt in has thick scrub and rugged Hill's just like this Island. Many Hunters are used to this sort of Terrain. The Authorities need to Grow Up and see there is potential here to use Hunters as an effective environmental Tool.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 1492033346

If the Link want's you to subscribe just google the Headline- Death-row dingoes supposed to kill goats, but they’re eating rare birds

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

jindydiver

Re: Death-row dingoes supposed to kill goats

#2 Post by jindydiver » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:02 am

The article is typical of the Courier Mail, full of horse droppings and designed to whip up discussion so that people keep clicking on their site.
The Queensland Parks guys admitted a long time ago that the birds haven't even been seen on the island for over a decade. Representatives from the local hunting clubs, who have members involved in a culling program with the Qld Parks guys on the neighbouring islands, have supported the trial of dogs as control because they understand the difficulty of hunting the goats to extinction on that particular island.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-01/d ... nd/7806906

"The last recorded sightings on the island were of two beach stone-curlews 14 years ago, according to the Environment Department."
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

perry

Re: Death-row dingoes supposed to kill goats

#3 Post by perry » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Thankyou for the update jindydiver

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin