Confusing Game Management Policy

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Confusing Game Management Policy

#1 Post by greybeard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:36 pm

As far as I can ascertain Hamilton Island in the Whitsunday's group is part of the GBRMP.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-07/h ... sh/7824144

Hamilton Island, [approx. 5 sq. klms] with a permanent population over 1000 residents and a tourist resort can successfully carry out a cull without loss of limb or life.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

UPTHETOP

Re: Confusing Game Management Policy

#2 Post by UPTHETOP » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Interesting Darrel, just hope they don't get into the Chital Deer which are on the Island as well. I guess since populating the Island (human wise) the population of wildlife has grown dramatically with the abundance of food and water now available to them. Worked on there for a few years a little way back and yes major problems with the wallabies,possums and birds eating everything in site, I guess it is a very hard decision to make for the Islands management for shore.
One of those catch 22 positions to be in, in this day and age.

Cheers Wayno
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.