Trash Shoot

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

hubris

Trash Shoot

#1 Post by hubris » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:17 pm

Hey Butch, thanks mate for the invite to the Trash Shoot... I'll be there definitely!... and I look forward to having a good laugh with everyone else around the fire 8)

I'll be happy to give a lesson of my special one-eye goat shooting technique :wink:
Saul 'Winks at Goats' & 'Paddles from Crocs'

trash one

#2 Post by trash one » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:57 pm

On ya Saul
You're already a legend up here,the boys are looking forward to hearing about your one eyed goat hunting method. Have you said anything to your mate Tracker, let us know if he is keen, one tip try and find a camp spot away from Jeff his camper has trouble with gas leaks. Looking forward to meeting you blokes, I'll give you more info as it comes to hand ,hope you's can stay on for some hunting.
CATCH YA
BUTCH

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:19 pm

Butcho,

What have you done? I mean he is so fresh and young at this bowhunting/archery. Do you really think he is ready for a TRASH shoot? :shock:

Oh yeah I just thought - someone else ta pick on - no probs.

Gas leak!!! Jude better not see that - she still has revenge on her mind!!! :lol:

When you thinkin about?

Saul,

I think it would be great for you to attend. I'm sure you will have a good time, seriously. :wink:

Jeff

trash one

#4 Post by trash one » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:35 pm

HAY JEFF
Maybe some time june to september, has Jude got the backing thing sorted out, we all hope Jude dose not have any dramas with gas this time, and just for Jude we will have her favorite for tea friday night lumpy camel stew. Talk to you soon.
CATCH YA
BUTCH

adam

#5 Post by adam » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:22 pm

The one eyed goat stalker. I think he was winking at the goat saying "don't worry your safe with me". Good going Saul we all start somewhere. You must admit I did well not to laugh when you told me. Adam
True Wild Range Traditional Bowhunter

hubris

#6 Post by hubris » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:17 am

hahah... yes thanks Adam... you were very kind to both of us... considering the only thing we brought back to camp was feral field mushrooms - we stalked in on them from 20m, I winked at the alpha mushy, and in the confusion Tracker picked them all off one-by-one... they didn't stand a chance!! :twisted: :wink:

Yes... theres a bunch of old billy goats sitting around a salt lick as we speak chatting:
Old Billy Goat Gruff: Whitey... you're bloody MAD mate... they don't wink they smell like canned food and make a funny twang sound and that's about it... I'm the oldest Billy goat gruff here... and I've never seen them wink
White Billy Goat Gruff: Bill... Listen... I saw what I saw!!... It Bloody WINKED... scared the salty sh$t out of me!

I am going to give Butches 'swaying tree' technique a go... maybe in combination it'll be lethal! The Swaying One Eyed Death Dance!

Jeff... what's this about gas leaks? We occaissionally get gas leaks in the tent also :wink:

tracker

#7 Post by tracker » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:13 am

There's an Indian name for you Saul..

WINKS AT GOATS

:D :D :D

As the nearest fellow hunter when the aforesaid "winking" took place...

I dub thee.. Winks At Goats.

Personally, I'm GLAD you did it. Now I KNOW it doesn't work. 8)

I heard them leave in a thunder of hooves whilst lost in some pine trees about 20 yards away.

I'd gone from "be as silent as a pine tree, move quietly and watch the wind" to "Sh$$, I'm stuck in these freakin' PINE TREES crunching like CORN FLAKES" :oops: :oops:

It was an interesting stalk all round. :D :D :D

Guys, if I can get away from work etc.. I'll be there.

Always up for a bit of good conversation round the fire. :lol:

Mick.
"One has been a bad spectator of life if one has not also seen the hand that in a considerate fashion - kills." Nietzsche.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:28 am

Butcho,

Well mate Jude has seen this now after I nearly fell off me chair laughing as I thought about the last TRASH shoot. She said to tell you that "the mirrors are working well". :lol:

Also she seems kinda offended and said she won't come to another shoot with you lot. :wink:

Saul,

Mate, I can honestly say that Butcho is not talkin' about that kinda gas!!! :shock: He was talkin' about the bottled gas attached to our Jayco camper. Let's just say Jude was in the camper and yelled out to me that she could smell gas badly.

I raced over and sure enough there was a very strong smell of gas. Off with the pilot light on the fridge! No smokers allowed near the camper! Turn off all gas taps etc etc!

Next under the camper with soapy water and tryin' to check all the joints on the gas lines! Next off with covers on the side of the camper to enable us to check the back of the fridge. Many screws to undo I might add. PANIC PANIC PANIC!!!!!

We could not find a leak anywhere. :?

Jude got kinda mad that Strowie one of the TRASH boys didn't seem to care and didn't seem to want to help find the leak.

I guess it was kinda understandable as he was to busy tryin' to keep a straigh face and holdin' his sides to keep his laughter in. Our Ol' mate Butcho was obver behind a tree with tears in his eyes from laughter also.

It turned out that Strowie had put some smelly gas stuff on the tyre of our camper and for all the world it smelt as if there was a bad gas leak.

The whole camp area was in laughter and Jude has had one thing on her mind ever since - REVENGE!!! :lol:

This is only one small example of those TRASH boys sense of humor. Lots of fun mate. :wink:

Jeff

trash one

#9 Post by trash one » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:57 am

Hay Mick
Hope you can make it ,if not any time your passing through sing out we'll get you out on to a few pigs, or it is only about 5hrs on a plane from there to here( we do that trip once or twice a year) we go hunting ever couple of weeks that might suit you.
I'll send Saul down some videos of the TRASH shoots so you can have a look, don't let it or anybody put you off as long as you can laugh at youself and others you'll have a good time.
CATCH YA
BUTCH

hubris

#10 Post by hubris » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:20 pm

hahahaahahahahhaha... that's DAMN funny Jeff!!...

definitely up there with Adam's mate's technique for getting free grog! :wink:

pooooooooooooooooowwwweeee... THAT SMELLS!

Yes... mick that was a fun stalk :)

Al Kidner

#11 Post by Al Kidner » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:22 pm

Another TRASH shoot..................... :shock:

Just hope you "New" fella's can laugh at your selves`!

A top week , one of the best I've had in a long time, even though I had the chookie pox! :oops: Id love to go and take the little TRASH'ies but I'm starting a new Job ( no more ARMY for this little black duck!)and that may just pee them off if I ask for a week off :roll:

Alan.

hubris

#12 Post by hubris » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:42 pm

No probs there Al... don't take myself too seriously and I can take as much as I can give out :wink:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#13 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:48 pm

and I can take as much as I can give out
Butcho & Al,

Sounds like that's a challenge. Better get that Strowie on here as I'm sure he would more than be up to the task! :lol:

Al,

You leavin' the army? :shock: What you going to do mate?

Jeff

hubris

#14 Post by hubris » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:44 pm

hehehehe... throws down the gauntlet and slowly closes one eye! 8)

Al... what did you do in the army?

trash one

#15 Post by trash one » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:47 pm

Hay AI
The shoot isn't until next year so you should have some time up buy then, I recon Kel Sam and Isabel would have a good time.
Hay Jeff
Don't frighten the new boys, I can't wait until they meet the Whip ( yep yep yeeeeep thats the one) I'll give him Johny G a call on my next lot of days off.
CATCH YA
BUTCH

memo

#16 Post by memo » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:32 am

hey guys,
When is the shoot? I'm moving to Brisbane next year so I just might be up for some shenanigans. Be there by june 2005. Any time frames?
Memo

Al Kidner

#17 Post by Al Kidner » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:41 am

Butcho me Ol mate,
will be there with the chillen and the cook for sure. My body should be mended by then..... :roll: Be good to have a yarn with the Wip again :wink:

G'day there Jeff, yes mate out of the ARMY ( or looks that way) and there not happy to part with me that's for sure! Hanging all sorts of nice carrots in front of me... :roll:... they are. I've had enough for one life time, 8years, 4 operational deployments and a lot of busted body parts and time away from my true love........ family, friends and traditional bowhunting.
What am I gonna do now you ask? Well I've secured and job in correctional as a "Screw" i think they call them? :wink: I start a 9 week cause on the 6th of Sep. More money, less hours and I'm home alot more. I also plan to start making my own line of bows and selling a bit of gear as well so I may be calling on a few tips etc. I'll ring for a yarn.

Hubris, I've spent all my time in the Infantry, 1 RAR. It's the only thing I wanted to do in the ARMY and I've done everything I wanted to do except SF so it's time to move on.

As butcho says....... CATCH YA.

Alan.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#18 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:30 am

Al,

Sounds good and I'm sure Kel and the kids will be very pleased to have you around more. I learned a lot of years ago now how precious the time is that you spend with your family. The kids grow up so fast. Hope it all goes well for you.

So, thinkin' of makin' your own line of bows hey? Have you been practicin' with the glue and match sticks? :P

Just thinkin' about another TRASH shoot gives me a laugh and somthin' to look forward to. It will be good to all get together again. Yep yep (with a bob of the head) it sure will be. :lol:

Butcho,

Say G'day to Whip and Jonny G for me also thanks. Seems a long way off. Might give Strowie to much time to do sonthin' really silly - nah that's right everything he does is like that anyway! :D

Memo,

The shoot is usually during the winter out Boulia way. It may be somewhere different this next time so Butcho says. It is a ton of fun for sure.

Jeff