NSW State Forest Redeclarations

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

discord

NSW State Forest Redeclarations

#1 Post by discord » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:48 pm

From the Game Council website:
178 State forests, first declared in May 2008, are currently proposed to be redeclared as available for hunting to assist in the management and control of game animals. The proposed declarations commence on 26th April 2013 for a period of ten years, up to 26th April 2023.

Details, including maps, of the proposed areas can be downloaded here. (Please note, download may take several minutes due to file size.)
There are a couple of forests near me that are currently available for hunting but not in this document, I wonder if that means they will no longer be available... Anyone know how this works?
HAIL ERIS!

bigbob

Re: NSW State Forest Redeclarations

#2 Post by bigbob » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:16 pm

I can only surmise that it might mean that these forests are additional to those previously available for hunting but --- hey been wrong many a time before! :mrgreen:
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

jindydiver

Re: NSW State Forest Redeclarations

#3 Post by jindydiver » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:28 pm

The declarations are time limited and have to be renewed from time to time. If you recall the original roll out was in at least 3 stages and so the re-declarations are following the same pattern.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln