woman shot with crossbow

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

bear74

woman shot with crossbow

#1 Post by bear74 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:02 pm

thought this might interest some people or upset them :?

http://tools.ntnews.com.au/stories/45318041.php

BEAR
IF IT'S FERAL, IT'S IN PERIL!

Roadie

Re: woman shot with crossbow

#2 Post by Roadie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Idiot, Batteries, Subburia, Thats why we have Target Ranges or Paddocks. Knock Knock anyone home.This Brain Dead moron is making it hard for all of us. Crossbows are they still Legal. Roadie.

muntries

#3 Post by muntries » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:50 pm

aiming for a load of old car batteries?? Yep thats smart, real smart! Good to see he is serious about his sport and at 41 he doesn't have the exuberance of youth as an excuse either.
"With staff in hand, the hunter stood on Radholme's dewy lawn" The Hunters Song (Olde Lancashire Poem) by Richard Parkinson.

kerrille

#4 Post by kerrille » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:50 pm

yes in vic you need a permit in s.a you can buy them with justification dont know about other states.

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

rodlonq

#5 Post by rodlonq » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:11 pm

What a bloody goose. In QLD you have to register a crossbow on your weapons licence, otherwise it is an illegal weapon.

Cheers, Rod.

Benny Nganabbarru

#6 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Crossbows and compound bows are far too cheap and far too accessible in the NT. At this stage, no licence is required. It used to be that if you wanted a bow or crossbow, you had to want it bad enough to research, save-up real coin, and send-away for one. Nowadays, they are in every camping shop being flogged-off cheap by people keen to make a buck at the expense of the reputation of archery and bowhunting.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

jonow

#7 Post by jonow » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 pm

I know there is the responsibility side of it all but all I can think of is "OUCH"
"Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them" Psalm 127