toy guns

General Hunting News & Alerts. The place for posting and reading about what's happening in the world of hunting, for finding out what our Friends & Foes are up to, and how we are responding.

Moderator: Moderators

kerrille

toy guns

#1 Post by kerrille » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:28 pm

i read in the paper yesdy that the qld police commisioner wants to have all guns registered if it looks like a gun it will have to be registered and put in a gun safe this includes toy guns water pistols and replicas, at first i thought is was april 1 and then realized it was aug is there to much sun up there or is he on somthing realy good .. if so can you guys from qld get me some :shock: i thought i lived in the nanny state but this takes the cake.

....nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: toy guns

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:57 pm

First I've heard of it; what a joke! :?

Jeff

roscoe

#3 Post by roscoe » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 pm

A lot of the publicity concerning this Law came from an incident with the guns at the Cooktown RSL club. The firearms in the club which were inoperable were not registered with the police station. Also two replica machine guns (one made totally of wood, yes wood) that was mounted on top of the roof of the RSL was also illegal because it was not registered as well. Any firearm inoperable or not including a toy firearm must be registered and locked up as if it was a real active firearm. This incident caused a lot of anger in our community and went national in the papers and TV. The Cooktown RSL was built before WW1 and some of those firearms had been in there for that long. What had happened was that a person visited the RSL and seen the guns and wrote in the local paper that the RSL was glorifying war, so that person new the legislation and reported the matter to police. Police then came ordered the removal of the guns until they were checked over and the RSL had a licence to keep disarmed war firearms and toy replicas. So yes this law is correct from what i know of. So archers watch out its not if but when you will have to licence your bows and arrows...Roscoe

perry

#4 Post by perry » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Several weeks too late forgive me for not reading this earlier

How sad that an Australian citizen could be that low. This society has lost it

We could be one irresponsible idiots act away from Bows and Arrows being restricted. In recent years in Queensland I have been affected by the ill conceived Firearms restrictions, Crossbow restrictions and something a innocuous as carrying a pocket knife having restrictions placed on it.

In recent years other little joys have been diminished - The authorities have also introduced fishing licenses and try camping buy the side of the road or at an isolated beach as I did regularly as a teenager on weekend fishing trips down Northern NSW- you'll be moved along. Sadly it's a matter of time and Bows and Arrows will be restricted and yet another freedom will be eroded

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

robmoore

#5 Post by robmoore » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:38 am

[quote="kerrille"]i read in the paper yesdy that the qld police commisioner wants to have all guns registered if it looks like a gun it will have to be registered and put in a gun safe this includes toy guns water pistols and replicas...

....nev...[/quote]

Einstein once said "as far as I know, only two things are infinite: the Universe, and mankind's stupidity - and it is possible I could be wrong about the Universe"

I guess this sums it up?

Bob

TerryH

#6 Post by TerryH » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Soon any Kids playing Soldiers will be classed as gang fights and hit with capsicum spray and stun guns, if they keep going the way they are they will turn the young boys of this nation into a bunch of sooks, and where will they get Armed service personnel from.

ppofandt

#7 Post by ppofandt » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:07 pm

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/1 ... tnews.html

12 yr boy arrested at gunpoint and handcuffed for playing with toy guns.

Ok. That's only half the story but still...

Damo'

#8 Post by Damo' » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:39 am

Funny isn't it......I thought "we" beat the Fascists/Nazis in ww2???
Little wonder they(politicians) want to disarm every one except their special police force which now gets around in black jump suits with little black peak caps looking like Hitler's SD.
So glad to see whats happen in Egypt, as this will teach all countries a lesson about screwing around with the little people- soldiers are the little people too!
I believe we've had a gutful and I am so glad to see more independents involved in the political process now!
Putting the greens and the two major parties as 60th, 59th and 58th on the ballot is the best answer I have for it!
Need more people like Tony Windsor in our political system!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf_rt5XJbek

The police union boss doesn't want the "police hands tied behind their backs"....but doesn't mine is they handcuff yours behind your back while bashing the **** out of you!

Benjamin Arndt, wonder what his ancestry is, looks like the police service needs a more comprehensive physiological screening test really, he's over 6ft yes, but not so tall in mentality. The Police are appealing the verdict.
Rowe at that time needed some help from his society, not what happened, this is disgusting.