TBGA Charity Auctions 2010

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Luke

TBGA Charity Auctions 2010

#1 Post by Luke » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:13 pm

This year Management of TBGA have decided that we would like to shift our Charity Auctions focus from the RFDS which we have supported over the last few years.

The Grade 5 Class at my school this year has 2 Aussie kids in it who's cousin, Chloe, suffers from spinal muscular atrophy type 2 (see article and video posted below).

These kids (the ones that I teach) and their family are great folk and real down to earth Aussies.

The goal of these auctions is to raise funds for a much needed wheelchair that Chloe will soon have to have.

It will cost somewhere near $30,000!! :shock: :shock:

We have decided that we want to do our part to help out Chloe and hopefully do a small bit to help improve her quality of life. I am sure you will all agree that there are few greater causes in life than helping bring a smile to a child's face and we hope you'll join us in our efforts with your generous bids and auction contributions.

First off I want to thank everybody for contributing, bidding, or helping in any way with the Auctions. This is a great cause and I’m honored to do my small part.

Bidding for the auctions will ALL start on Monday August 23rd, 2010, and end at 10:00 PM Eastern Daylight saving time on Saturday August 28th, 2010 at 10 PM.

Items for Auction and bidding will take place HERE.

Check each of the Auction Forums for details. We kicked around several options for ending the auction but it was decided that the last bid before the 10:00 PM deadline will determine the winner. If it will bother you to get out-bid at the last second you had better bid high enough to make it painful for the sniper.

In the event that multiple bidders post the same bid at the last second the first one with the highest bid will be the winner.

Alright here we go…

Donors
YOU need to decide if you would like the proceeds of your auction to go DIRECTLY to Chloe, or to the charity that supports SMA sufferers and medical research in Australia - SMAA Australia Inc.

If you are a donor of an auction item please list it on the General Listings Forum by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on “New Thread”. Post your item description, add pics whatever you think it needs to best describe it. CLEARLY state if where you intend the proceeds to go.

Note: donations that go DIRECTLY to Chloe are NOT tax deductible, proceeds and donations to SMAA Australia Inc. ARE fully tax deductible.

Please keep an eye on your listing so you can answer questions if needed. I will then move it to the appropriate Auction Forum.

Don’t forget to state if you are covering shipping to the winner or not.

After the Auction you will need to communicate with the winner and make arrangements for getting the item to the winner after payment is made.

Please, no 3rd party listings.

Bidders

If your interested in an item just post your bids like you were posting on a thread anywhere else.

I'm going to ask you to please stick to these minimum bid increments. While it might be fun to bid in very small increments but it is a real nightmare at the end of the auction. Thanks
Items up to $10 -- .50
Items $10 - $100 -- $1
Items over $100 -- $5

After the Auction

At the deadline we will lock down all the threads then we'll go through and list the winners with totals. Please be patient.

For proceeds going to SMAA Australia Inc. you will need to pay via Money Order made out to SMAA Australia Inc.

MONEY ORDERS and DIRECT DEPOSIT details for proceeds going directly to Chloe will be forth coming.

As we receive payment we will post on the thread, "payment received" and then it’s OK to ship items. The winner and donor will need to be in contact with each other to make sure everything happens the way it’s supposed to. You can click on each other's handle and either email or PM from the Profile screen.

Paying for your treasures -

Please note If payment is not received by 16th Nov, unless you have got a pretty good excuse the next highest bidder will have the option of paying for the item. I don't want to hurt SMAA Australia Inc. or Chloe's total $ but stringing the payments out over a month or two really disrupts things.

There's a couple ways to settle up after the auction and I'd really appreciate being done within a couple weeks.

For proceeds going to SMAA Australia Inc. you will need to pay via Money Order made out to SMAA Australia Inc.

MONEY ORDERS and DIRECT DEPOSIT details for proceeds going directly to Chloe will be forth coming (please do not write them to me or TGBA).

A mailing address to send the proceeds to will also be forthcoming.

Please give us all the info from your particular auction, reference the Charity Auction, item, donor, both your TBGA usernames. With mulitple items it can get very confusing.

Have fun, Bid high, Bid often!!

Thanks from Chloe, Scott and Andrea and SMAA Australia Inc.!

Founder/Administrator The Bowhunters Group of Australia
Design Director & Editorial Assistant -

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: TBGA Charity Auctions 2010

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:29 pm

A most worthy cause indeed Luke. I hope the support for the auctions is huge as that new wheelchair is something that will certainly make things much easier for little Chole and also for her Dad and Mum.

Jeff

Luke

#3 Post by Luke » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks Jeff.

I agree wholeheartedly.
Founder/Administrator The Bowhunters Group of Australia
Design Director & Editorial Assistant -

Nephew

#4 Post by Nephew » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm very happy to support such a worthy cause, but I must register my disgust that in a country as wealthy as Australia you should have to raise funds for this poor, lovely child! I'd sooner supply as many chairs like this as are needed than ever host another A.P.E.C slush-fest or wine and dine some robber-baron captain of industry at The Lodge ever again! :x
What on Earth do we have Health portfolios for ministers for, if not this kind of need?
I wish you every success and hope Chloe has her chair soon.
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!