Quick bit i just wrote

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

hillbilly WA

Quick bit i just wrote

#1 Post by hillbilly WA » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Haven't shot in a while, as i am now studying at university.
Here's a short story to let you know how i'm feeling.
P.S. It's all done in good humour :D

Researchers find University can have negative effects on students.

Curtin, What have you Done?

All those who think Uni sucks raise your hand.
*Raises hand so high, my arm dislocates from the shoulder. Screaming in agony, i run in front of a row of cars, all slamming on their breaks, and swerving as they try to dodge the man who is lost in a sea of pain. I fumble around, narrowly missing cars and explosions alike. It is New York. I am on West Broadway st. The confusion takes over, with the sounds of screaming people and sirens, mixing together to make a recipe of chaos. Nearby, shots ring out. Now, nobody knows what is happening. Some people abandon their cars, taking the run on foot, whilst others put their foot down on the accelerator, usually ending in a crash 20 metres down the street.
Stunned, i watch as the imaginary disaster folds out, turning into a real disaster. The police arrive on the scene, with the S.W.A.T. Team and NYPD dressed in full riot uniform and fully armed. I start to think to myself "how did this all happen?".
The next moment is so unexpected, not even Chris Angel could have predicted it.
A young, stupid teenager with converse shoes and a brandless t-shirt runs out into the middle of the street, stands up on a car and shouts out "THIS IS THE PEOPLE'S UPRISING! NOW, RISE UP AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT!". To answer, at least 30 shots rung out, and slowly, almost in slow motion, he is pushed away from the line of police, as thick, scarlet, blood is expelled from his body. He lies flat, and motionless, on the cold, debris-ridden concrete. There is a moment of silence. Then, in a quick realisation and moment there was a feeling. Not a recognition of want, but a need, and a silmutanious action from all the people as weapons were pulled out of holsters, or make-shift weapons found. Shots fired and explosives littered the street, people hid on either side, each side as fearfull as the other. Cars were used as barricades, and the People ran upstairs or opened windows to get into tactical positions. It was a 50/50 fight and both sides were having the same casualties.I realised i was still sitting in the middle of the road, and was surprised that i was still alive.
A shot narrowly passed my ear. The sound woke me up and sent a rush of adrenaline into my body. In one quick move i made it up onto my feet, ran three steps, and dove into a shop-front window. In my rush of fear and adrenaline, i did not even feel my arm as it ripped from it's ligaments, and the dislocated shoulder grated around on the joint it was supposed to be sitting in. Thinking about it, it felt like running your nails down a blackboard. The same grinding sound.
I lay down on my stomach trying to work out what i had to do when a man ran in with half his stomach missing. He screamed at me "WHAT DO I DO!?! WHAT DO I DO!?!". I didn't know what to do. I stood up and shots whizzed past us, blasting debris and dust from the wall. I dropped to the ground, i told him to duck but he was in too much pain. He started becoming weak and going in and out of conciousness, before falling down. Halfway down to the floor as he was falling, a BOOM rang out. Time stood almost still as a bullet flew through the smashed open window, flying straight for its' target and hitting the mans head on his way down. The .37 caliber slug flew straight and true, and as it hit the temple of the mans head, brain matter and blood shot out the other side. He fell to the floor, the Half-Stomach, Half-Head man, hitting the ground, the rest of the blood and stomach contents being expelled on the shop floor. Then i heard a voice as deep and strong as the Devil. It stirred the hair on the back of neck, and immediately goose bumps came up.
"BOOM HEADSHOT!" It shouted. I knew what to do. I stood up, one arm hanging loosely, smashing up the shoulder joint, ripping ever more ligaments and tissue as i ran. I made it into the middle of the road and shouted "YES, I HATE UNIVERISTY!!!", with my one good arm raised in the air.
Gun shots started, and my good left arm suddenly started burning, the bullets tearing into the flesh, cooking it from the inside. Then, the bullets made their way into my body, and i stood there being peppered until, at last, i fell to the ground. I felt the cold, hard concrete on my back, and the warm, red blood on my clothes. All sounds stopped, except the sound of my heart beat, slowing down.
Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub. Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub. Lub-Dub. Lub. Dub
Beep beep beep beep beep.
My alarm rang.
"OH ****!" I jumped up and chucked my clothes on. I was twenty minutes late for my end of semester Physics exam, and i hadn't even left home yet. As i grabbed the essentials (clothes, deoderant, pencil case, etc.) i thought i heard the distant noise of fighting. I jumped in the car and turned on my radio full-blast. Now to think of what to do about this exam...*
I did have a signature... It was a very good one in fact... It made me laugh... But i lost it... So i dont have one anymore.

Beleg

Re: Quick bit i just wrote

#2 Post by Beleg » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Not sure exactly how you're feeling, the story was a bit vague and the title ambiguous. But I get the feeling you are having a hard time at University.

Final year blues perhaps? Soldier on mate, think of all the money you'll make when you finish.

Unless you are doing science. In which case you will have to remind yourself that science is it's own reward.

:wink:

Good read, thanks,

Steve.
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison."

The Bowhunter's prayer.

Coach

#3 Post by Coach » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:08 pm

MMM,,, you Uni students are a strange mob :? :lol:

hue

#4 Post by hue » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:32 pm

hey Hilly

as a mature age student, studying part time and still working full time with a ferocious wife who also wants my time (plus archery, fishing etc etc), i liked your piece but couldn't quite see the relevance - perhaps i missed it!
the only thing that ***** me about uni, is not the work, but why the hell i'm not organized enough to get it all done on time and with the specific studies that i also have to do, that's my beef - but that is also my own fault and if there wasn't a really great bar at Deakin......

Hue :0
I can only be who I am