i hate australia post

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

ichiban

i hate australia post

#1 Post by ichiban » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:21 pm

i recently orderd 24 spruce shafts form mark at trad bits, and australia post droped something heavy on them crushing 6 of them and rendering them useless and the box was opend, luckely for me mark at tradbits.com has agreed to send me a new set. i thought i would let you guys know to be very cairfull with australia post and when u have to pack things with alot of bubble wrap.

thanks guys and esspecialy mark.
Dave
Im gonna make it bend and break-Fall Out Boy

Coach

Re: i hate australia post

#2 Post by Coach » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Yep ,, Aus Post is useless :roll:

pdccr

#3 Post by pdccr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:01 pm

I cant say myself that i have had anything damaged but i have had stuff go missing and have heard alot of stories about aus post.
Cheers, Toby

billb

#4 Post by billb » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:56 pm

You can claim compensation in some way from AusPost. I'm sure there's a form of some sort that the post office can give you.
http://www.auspost.com.au/pdfs/General.pdf
SECTION 6 – COMPENSATION, EXTRA COVER,
DELIVERY ENQUIRIES WITHIN AUSTRALIA
G6.1 – Scope of compensation and Extra Cover
G6.1.1 – Australia Post’s discretion
At its discretion, Australia Post may pay compensation for the loss of an article if the claimant can
provide proof of posting. At its discretion, Australia Post may pay compensation for damage to an
article if it has adequate packaging.
G6.1.2 – International Post
This section does not cover compensation and Extra Cover payable on articles lodged in the
International Post. Refer to the International Post Guide.
G6.1.3 – Within Australia
This section covers the conditions for the payment of compensation and Extra Cover only for
articles lodged within Australia for delivery within Australia. For the purposes of compensation and
Extra Cover, the following places are within Australia:
Australian Antarctic Territory TAS 7151
Territory of Heard Island and McDonald Islands TAS 7151
Christmas Island (Indian Ocean) WA 6798
Cocos (Keeling) Islands WA 6799
Lord Howe Island NSW 2898
Norfolk Island NSW 2899
a ship of the Royal Australian Navy, wherever situated, provided that if a ship is outside
Australian waters, articles are sent to and from the ship by closed dispatch either through an
overseas postal administration or by Department of Defence personnel.
G6.1.4 – Consequential loss
Australia Post excludes any claim for consequential loss or special damages – refer to G6.6 –
Exclusions from cover.
G6.2 – Who may claim compensation or Extra Cover
At any time, only one person has the right to claim compensation or Extra Cover. The person who
holds this sole right depends on the delivery status of the article.
Claim Type Sole Right to Claim held by
Loss Sender
Damage Addressee
Waiver of right to claim
The person with the sole right to claim compensation or Extra Cover may waive that right in favour
of another person. The claimant must send the written waiver to the manager of the office handling
the claim.
G6.3 – When to claim compensation or Extra Cover
Claimants must submit a claim for compensation or Extra Cover within 6 months of the lodgement
of the article.
G6.4 – How to claim compensation or Extra Cover
G6.4.1 – General conditions
A Customer Service Complaints form (SAP8834928) is available at any office of Australia Post.
Australia Post may require the claimant to support the information on the form with a statutory
declaration and provide proof of identity.
If the claim is for a Cash-on-Delivery or Registered Post article, the claimant must produce the
lodgement receipt. If the claim is for an Express Post article, the claimant must produce the SENDER
TO KEEP tab.
G6.4.2 – Claims for missing or damaged contents
If the claim concerns missing or damaged contents, the claimant must notify Australia Post
immediately. The person who received delivery must, when making the claim, produce the article to
Australia Post, including all original wrapping and packaging. This condition applies even if the
person addressed waives the right to claim in favour of the sender.
Senders should inform all addressees of this condition.
G6.5 – Amounts payable
G6.5.1 – Limits of cover
The table shows the limits of cover as prescribed by the Australia Post Terms and Conditions:
Type of article Limit of cover
Letter Post or Parcel Post article without Extra Cover $50
Registered Post article without Extra Cover $100
Cash-on-Delivery Parcel without Extra Cover $100
Letter Post or Parcel Post article with Extra Cover $5000
G6.5.2 – Limits to amount payable
The Australia Post Terms and Conditions limits the amount payable for a compensation or Extra
Cover claim to whichever is the least of:
the value of the individual contents
the limit of cover as defined in G6.5.1
the actual replacement cost of lost, stolen or damaged contents assessed at market value
the repair cost, if damaged contents are repairable.
Note: Australia Post may elect to replace lost articles or repair or replace damaged articles instead of
paying compensation.
G6.5.3 – Reductions to amounts payable
Australia Post reduces the amount payable under a compensation or Extra Cover claim by the value
of:
any unpaid Extra Cover fee
the amount of any other compensation, damages or indemnification to which the claimant is
entitled – this includes the value of replacement cheques or other replaceable negotiable
instruments.
G6.5.4 – Document reconstruction costs
Registered Post offers compensation to reimburse reasonable document reconstruction costs up to
the limit of $100. This covers the construction or replacement of an exact duplicate of a lost or
damaged non-negotiable instrument, such as a passport, a will, or a title deed.
G6.5.5 – Refund of postage
The table shows the postage refund that Australia Post pays under an approved compensation or
Extra Cover claim.
Type of article Postage refund payable
Unregistered Letter Post or Parcel Post article The postage paid
Registered Letter Post or Parcel Post article with Extra Cover The postage paid excluding the
registration fee and any
additional Extra Cover fee
Postage prepaid Registered Post envelope The price paid for the envelope
Other Registered Post article without Extra Cover The postage paid excluding the
registration fee
Cash-on-Delivery (COD) Parcel without Extra Cover The postage paid excluding the
COD delivery fees

Coach

#5 Post by Coach » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Compo from OZ Post ?? Yeah right :lol:

billb

#6 Post by billb » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:11 pm

If you don;t try then you're guaranteed not to get any compensation :)

Coach

#7 Post by Coach » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 pm

If you try ,, it will do your head in :wink:

ichiban

#8 Post by ichiban » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:04 pm

the tme it would take me to go through the berocricy would not be worth the stress t would cause im just saying mark at trad bits is awsome and aus post is freaking useless so just watch out
Im gonna make it bend and break-Fall Out Boy

jindydiver

#9 Post by jindydiver » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:15 am

ichiban wrote:the tme it would take me to go through the berocricy would not be worth the stress t would cause im just saying mark at trad bits is awsome and aus post is freaking useless so just watch out
You would be wasting your time. You didn't pay the freight and so you can't claim against the insurance, only the person paying can claim.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

dawallace45

#10 Post by dawallace45 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm

For a number of years I had my own business and I used to get stuff sent via Australia Post and by several transport companies , my experience with Australia post while not always positive was light years ahead of any of the Transport companies , some of my experiences with transport companies seem like they were written by bad sitcom writers , case in point , I had ordered a Scanner for a customer , needed it in a hurry , it was supposed to be on over night transport , up where I was over night from Brisbane was two days , three days later still no scanner , four days later still no scanner , contacted the company I bought it off and they gave me the time and day they sent it off as well as the consignment number and the number to ring for the transport company head office [ who will remain nameless ] , first off they reckoned they couldn't track the consignment number , then they asked me for the address the delivery was despatched to , I gave them the address and postcode they then told me that I was confused and that post code was for Rockhampton Qld and not Claremont WA , I told them the address was for Clermont Qld and not Claremont WA and I was 400 km from Rockhampton , they told me that with that post code I was definitely in Rockhampton , after it went on like that for a while I asked to speak to a supervisor , when the Supervisor was put on I went through the problem all again and again gave my address , the supervisor told me that I was the problem as I had my address confused as Clermont was in Perth and my post code was for Rockhampton , I told them I knew where I lived and it was Clermont Central Queensland , she then told me that I must be just trying to stuff her around as Clermont was definitely in Perth and Queensland was a suburb in Sydney , I told her NO , Queensland was that big state just above NSW , she told me that there was no state above NSW and there was only four Australian states , NSW , Victoria , SA and Perth , I corrected her and asked if English was her first language , at that stage she called me a rude name and hung up ,

Another little experience with transport companies was when I ordered 6 sheets of 12mm marine ply from Brisbane , seems the load had to change trucks 4 or 5 times on the way up , these sheets were worth $120 each and were strapped together with some sheets of 4mm ply top and bottom as covering sheets , when they went into the truck the transport people broke the pack apart and used them to keep some heavy machinery and other gear separated , by the time they got to me they were scared up and covered in so much crap as to be just fire wood , I refused to accept them and took a picture of them and sent it to the company I bought them from , they rightly so went ape **** when they saw it ,

These were the worst experiences with transport companies but there were many minor ones , even my worst experiences with Australia Post were far less than my least problems with transport companies

David

Coach

#11 Post by Coach » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:42 pm

That first one cracked me up :lol:
Aussie Post still sux :x