The end of a dream....

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

g_r

The end of a dream....

#1 Post by g_r » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi Folks,

for those of you who have seen my fishing pics, they migth already know our private lake. Well, we loved it, big fish, nice look, and the freedom to do what you want, not to mention our BBQ partys there....
ITS ALL OVER NOW BABY BLUE! :cry: :cry: :cry:
The owner of the lake (we just rented it) has to much money and decided to build a golfground. The pond is not inside of it but will be reshaped, made 2 meters deeper, all trees cut, the banks filled with stone etc. to makeit inot a watering reservoir for the summers. And he wont let us have it anymore and no fish in it.
Sad as it is, we had to drain it completly last weekend for the building process to start. So we took all fish out and put most of tem in a quite small pond of a friend for the winter months. We are at the moment looking for a new lake to rent but havent found anything apropriate till now.
BTW, aint it funny laws in Germany that you are not allowed to hunt beavers but its no problem draining their habitat and coming with bulldozers to break down their home even in autumn when they already have their supplys for the winter collected and are probably going to starve/freeze during the wintertime?

So as we all didnt know how many/big fish were in the water we were quite surprised:

49 carp up to 33lbs
97 pike up to 97 cm (with over 60 around 20 cm)
34 piekperch (Zander) up to 67 cm
12 tench to 7 lbs
and alot of fish we didnt know of liek bass, eel (up to 105cm), and others.

As the winterpond is small we decided to kill some of the predatorfish and eat them, YUMMY! my second freezer is completely full with pike and ZAnder.

And as i know that you are pic-addicted and no one will look at this without some....... :wink: :roll:

My girl friends Mongrel (named "Kotlett" wich means pork-chop) havin fun in the mud
A true mud-battle
the freshly killed predators
during our after-celebration i found out that with some effort i can place my brandy mug on my Adonis-body! :lol:

Regards
watch youre feet, you may never know where they might take you....

Always scout like you are scouting scouts!

Coach

Re: The end of a dream....

#2 Post by Coach » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 pm

I am cracking up here over your
Adonis body /cup holding effort :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now , for the serious part of my post ,, THAT SUX mate
! A bloody golf course ? Stuff them ,, thats sad
!

Gringa Bows

#3 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 pm

what Coach said mate not good...............Rod

piggy

#4 Post by piggy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Mate I hope you find a new spot. I assume you rent someones pond so you can fish it?
do you put the fish in to begin with? and without sounding rude what does it cost to rent a pond?

Just curious as I have never heard of that before.

Cheers Mate

stringnstik

#5 Post by stringnstik » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Cracker of a fishing day!! but so so sad itll will be its last.
as if there arnt enough golf courses around already :(
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

g_r

#6 Post by g_r » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:02 pm

piggy wrote:Mate I hope you find a new spot. I assume you rent someones pond so you can fish it?
do you put the fish in to begin with? and without sounding rude what does it cost to rent a pond?

Just curious as I have never heard of that before.

Cheers Mate
Yes, you assume right. you rent the pond for fishing or breeding fish and its normally 10 year contracts.
As fish grow not so fast in our climate you would have to wait a long time to catch moderate sized fish (2-3 years) and spawn/breed is not too cheap either, so we put them big ones in to have a starting point and a selfstunaining breeding system.

Cost? well it varies, small shallow ones are cheap but they are only for breeding. To get a size that makes fun for fishing you have to be lucky round my region. for the one shown above ( 8 acres) it was 200 Euro ( 260 AUD i think) a year.
But it was quite cheap, as said above you have to be lucky and accept some disadvantages to get it fora good price.Ours did not hve a godwater supply, soafter draining it took nearly half a year forgettingfull again,noprob for us as we want it for fishing but makes it less usable for others, therefore cheaper.

billb

#7 Post by billb » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:55 am

What a waste.
Turning that into a golf course.

Hope you find another one soon thats even better!

Nephew

#8 Post by Nephew » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:26 am

Is that a man-made, or natural lake? If it's natural I'd be very surprised that there isn't environmental laws preventing it's destruction. Do a search, GR, you may just find you can stop this, private lands or not.
Bloody rich folk, it's good to be able to deny them their frivolous wishes now and then! :twisted:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

g_r

#9 Post by g_r » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Its man made. And even if I could stop this process through environmental laws, it wouldnt turn out good for us.
We already thought about contacting the environment agency and trying to stop it, but then the owner would know who stoped his buildingproject and wouldnt let us have the lake anymore....vicious circle.

The good news are i found a beautiful natural lake, a former stone pit, 4 meters deep, 8 acres already good fish in it. only problems are very few possibilities to reach the water because of vertical 30m cliffs and those few places are in summertime crowded with naked swimmers (old, fat, ugly naked swimmers). I am now negotiating with the owner already...

Coach

#10 Post by Coach » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:37 pm

The good news are i found a beautiful natural lake, a former stone pit, 4 meters deep, 8 acres already good fish in it. only problems are very few possibilities to reach the water because of vertical 30m cliffs and those few places are in summertime crowded with naked swimmers (old, fat, ugly naked swimmers). I am now negotiating with the owner already...
So are you going swimming with these "(old, fat, ugly naked swimmers)" 8) :lol: :lol: Maybe you could teach them how to hold a Mug of Brandy on their belly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

g_r

#11 Post by g_r » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Most of em woulnt need any effort to place the mug there....

But i know of some pretty big catfish (up to 1.80m) in this lake because it once belonged to my fishing club (8 years ago).
I think if i could catch one of those while there are swimmers, they would think about bathing naked with a dangling "lure" between their legs again :lol: ....

piggy

#12 Post by piggy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Thank you for letting me know G_R

pommy chris

#13 Post by pommy chris » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 am

build a raft for the new lake.kit it out with razor wire alround.that will stop them bathers using it :lol:
LONGBOWS HAVE HORNY ENDS.COS IF WE MISS.YOU STILL GET A POKE IN THE EYE.

g_r

#14 Post by g_r » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:43 pm

The problem with the swimmers is no longer of concern for me, the owner wants 1200 (!) Euro per year for the lake.
No way im gonna pay this.

Coach

#15 Post by Coach » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Some people are just plain greedy :evil:

pommy chris

#16 Post by pommy chris » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:14 am

yes. coach to many people in the world like that today.
he aint gettin nothing from the skinny dippers.-unless he likes lookin through the binos at them.offer him 400.and tell him he can look at your adonis body all he likes g_r. :wink:
LONGBOWS HAVE HORNY ENDS.COS IF WE MISS.YOU STILL GET A POKE IN THE EYE.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#17 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best with finding a new fishing spot GR.

Jeff

g_r

#18 Post by g_r » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 pm

just to lettin you know, the naked-lake is out of question by now, three othersare in the race and talks about money go on...

Nephew

#19 Post by Nephew » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Gees, G.R., emigration Down Under must look an attractive option to you sometimes, hey? :wink:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Coach

#20 Post by Coach » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Yeah ,, come on over GR ,, I'll take ya fishing for those stinking Carp , we have HEAPS of them :wink: :lol:

jindydiver

#21 Post by jindydiver » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:28 am

Bloody golf :roll:

It is a shame to have to give it up, those pike were sure coming along well. I suppose you now have plenty of fillets from the pike you couldn't find temporary quarters for.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

g_r

#22 Post by g_r » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Coach wrote:Yeah ,, come on over GR ,, I'll take ya fishing for those stinking Carp , we have HEAPS of them :wink: :lol:
I will come Coach, but itll have to wait a bit longer... as i had some problems with the law and will have to pay a big fine some day soon. And as i just left my parents completelly because we couldnt agree any longer on alot of isuues life got more expensive....

and yes Moreton a country with less people and more open space would be wonderfull...